ABV-VR6

Strut bar?

I'm just curious to have you guys point of view on that. I think sway bars are important and solidify the Corrado's body at the right place. I've read a front strut bar on a Corrado is not as useful since the towers are pretty close to the firewall. What are your thoughts on that? Do you have one? What kind? Cheers! 

The eibach front flat sway bar  looked the business but hard to get one  - the D & W never quite fitted right there is one on ebay I was tempted - the rear if its like a MK2 you had to make some cuts in the rear turret to house them- not sure the rado is the same or they made some that you dont have to cut- some eibach or H a r anti roll bars are enough for most. I have the eibach arbs on my vr and it does toughen up the ride somewhat. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154700725328?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw6J-SBhCrARIsAH0yMZhaartLz3taJ6CMXDuw4OV3TAfZSJ74jroL1j22VxWSvc0TCZBZC0caAuCYEALw_wcB

Edited by Keyo

I have the eilbach on mine, you don’t notice the difference as much as the rear strut bar,until you really start to push it.Uprated anti roll bars are definitely the way to go, then the rear strut, then the front strut

Thanks to both of you! Kind of confirms my thoughts so I appreciate it. Like dragon green said, I also read that sway bars are more noticeable in the ride, then rear strut and front strut last. Keyo, I wonder about the rear towers as well on the Corrado? I'll look into it. 

I kept my oem front sway bar and will pair it with a rear H&R sway bar. I ordered it, not received yet. As for strut bar, other than Weichers I can't find anything new. I wouldn't mind a used Eibach but like it's been said they are hard to find. Then again, is it really worth it? That's kind of the discussion I wanted to bring. 

The front strut bar part number for Eibach is 8502920VA - its the same for a mk2 - Mk3 ones will not fit. 

When I say cut I mean you have to drill holes into the turrets and or boot floor pan for rear strut - well you do for a Mk2 - dragon Green might be able to add to this. 

Edited by Keyo

Just to add...  the Eibach front strut brace will only fit the later face lift models with the "raised bonnet hump"

But in my opinion strut braces on a Corrado is mainly for looks, you may feel some benefit if you do track days though.

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

The front strut bar part number for Eibach is 8502920VA - its the same for a mk2 - Mk3 ones will not fit. 

When I say cut I mean you have to drill holes into the turrets and or boot floor pan for rear strut - well you do for a Mk2 - dragon Green might be able to add to this. 

Thanks Keyo, I'll look into it and that omp is pretty nice as well! That's what I read as well, mk2 16v works not mk3. 

56 minutes ago, dragon green said:

af667e6531f56ba5bb584a751db7c3ed.jpg

bf2e74343707a3e9e1fd59f29a6b738b.jpg

50dc8e8e524f64c15840a3fb64a292ac.jpg

I made mine “quick release” so much easier to check the fluids

That's smart because I can imagine it is a pain to check fluids with the bar in place. That Eibach bar looks amazing! 

2 hours ago, Bauhaus said:

Just to add...  the Eibach front strut brace will only fit the later face lift models with the "raised bonnet hump"

But in my opinion strut braces on a Corrado is mainly for looks, you may feel some benefit if you do track days though.

I agree with you, that's what I think as well. Good to know for the Eibach! 

5 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

I agree with you, that's what I think as well. Good to know for the Eibach! 

Trimsport did a rear strut with no holes need drilling - says they are bringing a new version out- might be worth an email. 

https://trimsport.bigcartel.com/product/trimsport-aluminium-rear-strut-brace-for-vw-golf-mk2-corrado

Edited by Keyo

10 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Trimsport did a rear strut with no holes need drilling - says they are bringing a new version out- might be worth an email. 

https://trimsport.bigcartel.com/product/trimsport-aluminium-rear-strut-brace-for-vw-golf-mk2-corrado

Wow that sounds very very promising! I will sure give them a try and see what they say. Do you have one Keyo? 

9 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Wow that sounds very very promising! I will sure give them a try and see what they say. Do you have one Keyo? 

I dont mate -  my mk2 had a rear K brace once as there are 2 holes the same  I found on the rear turrets so four in total that need welding on the inner metal skin- external arch  is good - ex owners the buggers.  lol. 

Hopefully a member has tried out the trimsport rear strut for a review ? 

would of looked like this .

357CD87F-C22D-4EE6-BDD4-50BE7CB0503C.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

15 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Found one think this is it . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304185382010?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw6J-SBhCrARIsAH0yMZglM03egfcpqUDtTxpx0LOzPfDfRnwSl-DhmbFKm6S1MlnXfWFuHBMaAp8QEALw_wcB

Someone was making their own version of the trimsport one, and there was a group buy on here, a long time ago.
I had one, very well made,worth the money

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

I dont mate -  my mk2 had a rear K brace once as there are 2 holes the same  I found on the rear turrets so four in total that need welding on the inner metal skin- external arch  is good - ex owners the buggers.  lol. 

Hopefully a member has tried out the trimsport rear strut for a review ? 

would of looked like this .

357CD87F-C22D-4EE6-BDD4-50BE7CB0503C.jpeg

Ya, I feel you that's why I'm very interested by the Trimsport. The K shape is really nice. My fav so far! I wonder if they still make it I'll contact them! Cheers 

52 minutes ago, Keyo said:

This one is only the top portion though, I would like the whole kit like in the picture with the MK2! 

10 minutes ago, dragon green said:

Someone was making their own version of the trimsport one, and there was a group buy on here, a long time ago.
I had one, very well made,worth the money

That's my story, always too late for group buys! It looks fantastic! So you had one? On which car? 

My corrado, it really made it feel stiffer on the corners,
I did replace it, but with a BBM alloy one, that’s quick release,
Makes life easier, if I have anything large to carry in the boot.
Mines used as a daily, so everything has to be practical

39 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

That's my story, always too late for group buys! It looks fantastic! So you had one? On which car? 

If you have the K brace you will have to drill though mate . The trimport looks bolt on bolt off . 

Here it is anyway. 

https://www.bafmotorsport.co.uk/products/volkswagen-golf-mk2-k-brace?variant=38007283056793&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2022-01-27&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6J-SBhCrARIsAH0yMZjAbYUnFPLhMC0SmwT_08eJK1ib2D-MiDne2-yM2Ps38PuBa2dXty8aAuriEALw_wcB

This video is how they mount fittings etc. 

Edited by Keyo
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dragon green said:

a46845320123ec40e7858e16d5d6256f.jpg

Just checked the date on the pic,December 2012 !

Wow 10 years already! I bet you didn't expect that! 

9 hours ago, Keyo said:

This is pretty nice, price is right too. Makes me think of the Neuspeed model I really like that's NLA. They also ship internationally, I'll ask them how much. Drilling to install rivers I'm ok with that I think. Thanks Keyo for the links