oneohtwo

Shell V-Power

Just got back from Stealth Racing, and chatting to Vince he suggested avoiding Shell V-Power for the time being as there's reports circulating it's quite low quality at the moment. They've found instances of cars running poorly when they've only been filled up with V-Power. I think he mentioned someone tested a sample recently and it was only around 92Ron. Potentially something to do with them pulling out of Russia and having to find alternative sources.

Thought I'd pass the info on anyway.

1 hour ago, oneohtwo said:

Just got back from Stealth Racing, and chatting to Vince he suggested avoiding Shell V-Power for the time being as there's reports circulating it's quite low quality at the moment. They've found instances of cars running poorly when they've only been filled up with V-Power. I think he mentioned someone tested a sample recently and it was only around 92Ron. Potentially something to do with them pulling out of Russia and having to find alternative sources.

Thought I'd pass the info on anyway.

Aye I think you might of said hello to me earlier I was the chap with the Audi A5 - took it for a tune - from 220 BHP to 300 bhp- torque upto 325 - not bad for a 2 litre aye. 

He told me about that as well 92 ron- China is famous for this - they send a good example fpr testing - leave a good one at the top of the pile and then cheapskate the rest- hence why the metal in all the new bridges is now rusting its tits off- exactly why British steel plants should be kept alive and alongside refinery plants which are all pretty much shut down- also chips need to be started to be made here- California and the UK basically subcontracted out the tech to Taiwan for economical  reasons - so many bad decisions the last 20 years made by the UK- makes you want to vomit - it makes us rely on unreliable and corrupt sources who we  basically are arming with wealth. 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Aye I think you might of said hello to me earlier I was the chap with the Audi A5 - took it for a tune - from 220 BHP to 300 bhp- torque upto 325 - not bad for a 2 litre aye. 

Egr / dpf intact or removed?

must fly now?

20 minutes ago, Dox said:

Egr / dpf intact or removed?

must fly now?

No mate just a straight up tune - it does really fly pretty mental how cheap it is to get the raise in figures- hopefully there will be no negatives of the tune- Vince seemed to think not- time will tell - clutch would be the first thing to drop it ass i imagine . Its the third  generation  2.0 tfsi engine- has the fuel filler cap on the timing cover- the engine is mounted longitude on a Quattro - vw the opposite way so fuel cap is on the side and on the front of  a quatty- due to awd . 

Since I've owned cleaned the bay - took the scuttle off and cleaned the drains- its so nice to have a car that you can keep in good shape before the rot comes. 

Noticed this on the screen to- i was wondering why it beaded the water so well. 

634936CF-9202-493B-A11E-BDF00086B0AB.jpeg

2CF6238B-CEF4-4279-8C3F-4AD13C60BB9E.jpeg

60B76EA6-A8DD-45E0-8B40-DC2273D756F2.png

F54F57D5-9DEF-45EA-97ED-88825AB457C4.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

2 minutes ago, Keyo said:

No mate just a straight up tune - it does really fly pretty mental how cheap it is to get the raise in figures- hopefully there will be no negatives of the tune- Vince seemed to think not- time will tell - clutch would be the first thing to drop it ass i imagine . 

That’s a big leap for a map. Darkside have done a few V6 quattros, big turbos deletes etc Proper fast cars and still do 40 mpg

4 minutes ago, Dox said:

That’s a big leap for a map. Darkside have done a few V6 quattros, big turbos deletes etc Proper fast cars and still do 40 mpg

Great cars - my third one - got to say the tdi 3.0 is the best engine - the torque of that thing gives an exceptional daily car- I just went for petrol this time as diesel seems exspensive and will be for a while because most of it comes from Russia- I really reccomend anyone looking for a 10 k dily to consider one- so comfortable- you get real nice seats made out of fine nappa leather heated / mine cost 12.5 k with only 51 k on the clock .

7CD519DF-EEB6-4422-A568-1DC5868DEA85.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

IROZ Motorsport offers a number of hybrid and big-turbo options for the Gen 3 EA888 engine in the Mk7 GTI, which, when paired with United Motorsport tuning and fueling upgrades, can produce 800+ horsepower.22 Sept 2021