Boozyjay

LOOKING FOR L33 VWS

He didn't. I reluctantly joined Facebook earlier (against my principles, but needs must) and joined the Corrado forums. I put the message out about L33VWS and previously owning the car and he messaged me back saying that someone had been in touch, which was you and said to give him my number and he'll gladly speak to me about what happened to it.

I can't thank you enough. 

He didn't. I reluctantly joined Facebook earlier (against my principles, but needs must) and joined the Corrado forums. I put the message out about L33VWS and previously owning the car and he messaged me back saying that someone had been in touch, which was you and said to give him my number and he'll gladly speak to me about what happened to it.
I can't thank you enough. 

No worries bud glad to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

That is shame but at least it sounds like you'll get closure on that car. Pleased to see you're still going to get one and I will keep an eye

I've been through pain of resto and bodywork etc and would recommend avoiding all that hassle and buying a good one straight off. Im not normally someone to worry about mileage (155k on mine) but concede in the UK market people would sooner by a ropey 100k car over a well sorted to 155k, so if I were doing it again I'd be aiming for sub 120k miles, great body and make sure it had leather (cost me a £grand to make that happen which on top of bodywork and engine work makes for an expensive game and a car that will never be worth its cost..). The engine can be sorted at say Stealth racing but the rest of the mechanicals (apart from ABS) is boggo mk3 golf so anyone can do it.

All the best and keep us posted on outcomes of the old car.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJA said:

That is shame but at least it sounds like you'll get closure on that car. Pleased to see you're still going to get one and I will keep an eye

I've been through pain of resto and bodywork etc and would recommend avoiding all that hassle and buying a good one straight off. Im not normally someone to worry about mileage (155k on mine) but concede in the UK market people would sooner by a ropey 100k car over a well sorted to 155k, so if I were doing it again I'd be aiming for sub 120k miles, great body and make sure it had leather (cost me a £grand to make that happen which on top of bodywork and engine work makes for an expensive game and a car that will never be worth its cost..). The engine can be sorted at say Stealth racing but the rest of the mechanicals (apart from ABS) is boggo mk3 golf so anyone can do it.

Early mk3 gtis / vr6s (with rectangular side repeaters and 280mm brakes) had the same crap ABS system

1 hour ago, MJA said:

To be honest it was always going to be a long shot if my old car was still out there, but at least I found out what happened to it and  one of the previous owners sent me some photos of it, so at least I have them. I appreciate the advice Matt. It's just a case of seeing what comes up for sale, but I'm in for the long wait. I'll keep you posted and I'll keep an eye on here to see if any come up for sale. Thanks again.

I wouldn’t buy a recently restored car, the recent price increases make a bondo and newspaper restoration a financial win for a seller, then 12 months down the line it has  more blisters than a herpes convention.

If you  can find a car with online history from a good owner cashing out (rather than cashing in) that’s where I suggest you put your money.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dox said:

I wouldn’t buy a recently restored car, the recent price increases make a bondo and newspaper restoration a financial win for a seller, then 12 months down the line it has  more blisters than a herpes convention.

If you  can find a car with online history from a good owner cashing out (rather than cashing in) that’s where I suggest you put your money.

Thanks for the heads up Dox.

I have a 95 VR6 that I need pull my finger out and to get around to selling as it is getting in the way, the paintwork is good but not perfect, we had it painted about ten years ago and about fifteen years ago we fitted a genuine new engine and it hasn’t done many miles since. The sadly now deceased previous owner (one of my favourite customers for decades) had the FULL custom light grey leather done a few years ago. It has a few mods such as InPro lights all round, 16” alloys, 288 front brakes, SuperSprint exhaust and Passat lockless door handles.

First clean