ger040

part suppliers that p*ss you off

I have several cars all in various states of repair one being a late mk2 16v that i bought stripped with all the parts boxed 

The car a previous crap repair to the sill on the passenger side - full of filler with rust below

Anyway i started repairing it but decided to take a break from it but have recently started again but looking at my previous repairs i was unhappy with the welding - strong enough but a bit ugly to be honest and i got a bit carried away with a sanding disc and managed to burn through the metal 

So i decided to look for rear quarter panel to take the bottom 6 inches or so and repair again

I wanted a genuine panel this time as the previous one was not great so after a time i found one listed by supplier in germany - made contact asked to confirm the panel was genuine vw to which they confirmed and that it was new - great i thought asked to confirm a cost inc postage to belfast - i ended up paying 650 euros and paid by bank transfer

About 14 days passed and it arrived and my heart sunk once i opened the packing - to be honest i was expecting a few dents etc but what was in the packing was just absolute JUNK 

It looks as if it has been removed from a car slapped with some black paint the inside looks as if its painted with under body sealant 

It even carries an aftermarket label 

I have sent an email to the seller demanding a refund but as of today no reply i fear the worst 

see pictures below - it has to be seen in person to see how bad it is

IMG_2258.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

thats terrible. Can you contact the bank and say goods purchased were not in accordance with the description?

12 minutes ago, fla said:

thats terrible. Can you contact the bank and say goods purchased were not in accordance with the description?

To be honest i have been in a state of disbelief all day and i actually feel like loading it in my van driving to germany and throwing it over the counter at someone 

purchasing it via email i thought was better due to language barrier

That is absolute crap - especially the damage around the bit that goes under the light. Disgusted that people supply stuff like this.

Have you tried places like mk2 spares or Dubstock on faceache? Mk2 spares is probably a better bet. I could take a drive up there to collect a panel cut, it is quite some way so I would need to plan into my diary. Alternatively could try the clubgti forum?

Were you keen on a genuine panel? I cant picture which bit you're repairing - I've got a mk2 16v as well and need to repair to bottom part of the rear valance corners and noted heritage have some repair section for this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It’s a shame bet there seems to be a lot of sellers with no morals what so ever. Paying by credit card or PayPal is the only thing you can do to protect yourself, some sellers won’t entertain that though, I wonder why?

Time to get in your van, drive over and smash someone face in. Get your money back or bring him back here and bury him in good old blighty 

👊👊