Sign in to follow this  
Henny

swapping parts

OK, so while I was waiting to set up an interview with Mani from the Stone Roses today, my mind started to drift a little... I got thinking about all the bits off other cars which have made their way onto Corrados like Seat or S2 brakes, Porsche wheels etc etc etc and suddenly had this thought about which bits OFF a Corrado have been used a lot on OTHER cars... :?

The engines and seats were about the only bits I could think of... :? Surely there's more good bits on a Corrado which other people want in their cars?!?

Anyone know of any other bits which get swapped? :?

OK, so while I was waiting to set up an interview with Mani from the Stone Roses today, my mind started to drift a little...

Get 'im with his famous friends!! :roll: ;)

Ok, it's only Mani from Stone Roses.. :)

Plenty of 2.9 lumps have found their way into Golfs. The Mirrors are also on TVRs as we know. I've seen Jeroen Dik's MK1 G60 with hybrid Clipper/Corrado front bumper.

That's about it really as the panels are all unique to the Corrado. So all you can really nick are the seats and mechanicals. Which is no bad thing as it prevents the same kind of "Big bumpers onto MK1s" kind of modding that goes on in Golf circles.

The Corrado is a one off, it can't be emulated at all.

How about the huge number of Golf and Passat parts that make up the C, they're all used somewhere else ;)

Theres a guy on the Clubgti website that had a corrado front end and rear bumper on his Mk2. Doesnt actually look as bad as you would imagine.

Im sure I seen it mentioned before that theres a bus that uses the rear lights.

Yep i've seen a german coach with the tail and indicator lamps used as high level corner lights. Think I may have mentioned it before.

And then theres the Lister storm that uses windscreen and side windows. maybe doors too

i have seen people do corrado bumpers on MK2 jettas before, it looks pretty nice actually.

i think i have seen people use MK3 fogs and dummy lights before on a corrado.

i have seen racco lights on a corrado before.

there are more things i have seen my mind is drawing a blank right now.