Sign in to follow this  
mhoult

How many made

How many corrado's are there in the uk? More specifically how many were made during the last year - N plate.

Thanks

general opinion is that there were just over 9000 Corrados brought into the UK...

No idea on numbers registered per year though... :|

Yes RadoAds, there were a few P plates registered too... 8)

Well it was originally around 9000 Corrado's that came to the UK.

I don't know how many have been imported, exported or crashed in that time so impossible to say what that figure stands at today! :(

This forum does state that a few were registered after the N plate to sell off the last few. I realy just wanted to know how many N plates the same as mine were about, and how many were sold in the uk in total.

Cheers

erm, NO corrados were built in the US... :| They were built in Osnabruck in Germany at the Karmann factory...

Too much stella makes me look like a COCK :x

At the rate that this forum and ebay is going then a corrado is being broken every week, so a few thousand weeks and we have a sought after rarety.

you can contact the DVLA or DVLC to find out how many of any make and model are registered in the uk IIRC

i'de like to know how many nugget yellow ones are left,speaking to a guy the other week and he reconed that there was only 16 left :shock:

a few thousand weeks and we have a sought after rarety.

Already the case mate, especially for a good one.

Would love to know how many are left on the roads in the UK today.....

i know this slightly off topic but did they make every colour (except storm colours) in every engine variety??

i know this slightly off topic but did they make every colour (except storm colours) in every engine variety??

AFAIK they never made UK market C VR6's in nugget yellow

with ya there Rodders... they'd dropped the colour before the VR6 came out...

I remember Top Gear doing a review of 'em and saying that the yellow ones were re-selling for £1000 less than any other colour 'cos there was a lack of demand for 'em.... :?

Odd thing is that I always liked Nuggets... 8)

.....and Ice grey violet,twilight violet,blackberry and a few others were AFAIK never offered on G60's or 1.8 16v's :wink:

Dunno if this helps any, taken from VW Motoring:

The Storm will be available from May, amongst the final production run of 1,300 Corrados for the UK.

If 9000 were originally brought to the UK then my guestimate is that at least a third have either been written off, broken, or have fallen apart, maybe even up to half. So maybe around 5000 left? What do you think?

Personally I think that's a bit low, but I have no actual evidence so it's just my opinion. I would have estimated more like 15-20% written off by now.

If 9000 were originally brought to the UK then my guestimate is that at least a third have either been written off, broken, or have fallen apart, maybe even up to half. So maybe around 5000 left? What do you think?

The German Corrado site says there was a total of 97,521 Corrados built, of which about 41,000 went to Germany and of these about 20,000 are currently left; so about half would probably be about right.

It also says that in the last year of production, 2,424 Corrados were built (although there's no indication of whether that's world-wide or Germany only).

LvP.