Sign in to follow this  
Flo

Do you drive with your front fogs on?

I think the fog lights on Corrados are some of the most good looking ones around.

The bold square design and the way they are positioned well towards the centre of the car. They beef up the already muscular front end and make it look the mutts nuts! :D

only problem being living in central london, other drivers dont tend to appreciate it. the police in london dont seem to care though! i drive round with them on all the time, but as soon as i go into the country, its like theyve never seen them before and are on me like flies to sh*t!

Am i being a t*sser for driving around with my fogs on? or does everyone else do it too?

I never use them as the heat cracks the glass :?

And yes, you look a berk driving around with the fog lighs on when it's not foggy.

There crap and yellow-y and as kev says they are a bad design...its the heat from those that cracks the lens's as i have found since buying mine with no cracks....to now with a big crack in each one :mad:

I only put them on when it's foggy, or down the county roads at night. Don't appreciate someone behind me with the fogies on when they're not needed, so I don't do it.

Nope.. just get pulled over by the police anyway as they really hate people using fogs.

I occasionally drive with sidelights on, but thats about it.

Man!

seems like i'm well outnumbered. to be fair, i've never experienced any problem with cracking lenses on the fogs. do you not think they look good though.

I've always thought the Corrado fogs looked a bit odd in the middle of the car actually.. think fogs look better on the outer edge of the bumper :)

i agree with you there jim.

you can normally spot a corrado with the fogs on cause there more inwards than the headlights.

dont normally drive with them on unless its foggy, got stopped once with them on by a really awkward copper, and i did nt even realise i had them on :?

i have nt got any now so nothing to worry about :D

ALL the time... :lol:

Whenever the lights are on the fogs are on... its an effective way of getting people to move over on the motorway :oops:

Had Corrados for 6yrs now and never had one with a cracked Fog light...

Only when foggy.

Don't think much of people who drive with them on when it aint pea soup weather, plus as said above they kinda look weird with their inboard position.

How about removing them and replacing with white'ish coloured metal gauze covered air ducts to the front brakes ... not that my car gets fast enough to require cooler brakes :(

Its got to be one of the most annoying things on the road :mad: , never seen a C with its fogs on, normally only Saxo's/pug 106 etc that do it. If their coming towards me I normally hold my full beams on until they pass, I doubt they turn them off but it makes me feel better.

If their behind I normally slow down so they can pass me but this means that I have to slow down to milk float speed as their 1L or 1.1 with peco exhaust cant cope with overtaking at speeds over 15mph.

Its not cool and the C doesn't need its fog lights on to look good..

I think the C does look good with the fogs on, but only when it's foggy! The only thing more annoying than fogs on when it isn't foggy is people driving around on side-lights with the fogs on! WTF :roll:

I kinda liken side lights to running lights on a Volvo.

I dunno - think it looks cool, and it gives careless people a better chance of seeing you before pulling out in front of you.

Only in fog or heavy rain where theres alot of spray about. As everyone else says, its really annoying when someone else dazzles you with their fogs, so I dont do it. I had a nasty experiance as a learner driving at night and being temporarally blinded by a car with full beam and fogs on which appeared around a corner, somehow I managed to be looking right into its lights. A dazzled inexperienced driver is not a safe thing!

I like the Corrado Fogs, and will use them at slighest bit of fog,

Bit reluctant too use them as i cant afford to replace them when they crack, which one is.

Sidelights look cool (see avatar! :) ) and I usually drive with them on in anything but perfect daylight. Fogs are saved for fog though

tbh I always use em wind rain or shine. I think they look good and makes you more noticeable... not boy racer style, just so they know you are there as there are so many idiots about. The same reason I always have my lights on when riding a motorbike, so people see me.

I hate idiots that drive around with their fog lights on 24/7.

unless they are driving a corsa, with a flame kit, neon/LEDwashers, picnic table spoiler/aerofoil, and wear burrberry, then I think they look really cool and want to be like them :roll:

They are called "fog lights" for a reason, same as "w*nkers" get there name for a good reason.

I don't mind people driving towards me with their fog lights on as long as they are set CORRECTLY, i.e. a low beam direction as they're supposed to be

In the Rep of Ireland you are allowed to use your 'Fog' / 'Driving' lights all any time. All their 'Telecom Eireann' vans (same as BT in Britan) have their lights wired to come on with the ignition for safety. They're insurance premium has also reduced because of this btw.

I didn't like the positioning of the fog lights on the C when I bought my first one but, they have grown on me.

P.S. I don't drive with my fog lights on because I'm afraid people will look at me & say 'look at that w#nker with his fog lights on'..

I personally hate people driving around with fog lights on when not foggy and other traffic is around. The reason being fog lights are not directional like your headlights so oncoming traffic get an eyefull dazzling you, pottentialy leading to an accident and generally being inconsiderate to other drivers.

I do agree its a good idea to have lights on (side lights) as poeple are more likely to notice you while you zooming up to them, hence I always drive with my sides on.

They are called "fog lights" for a reason, same as "w*nkers" get there name for a good reason.

God - whats with all the hate on this forum today. I know you are trying to make a point, but indirectly referring to half the people in this thread as w4nkers isn't exactly cricket!

tbh I always use em wind rain or shine. I think they look good and makes you more noticeable... not boy racer style, just so they know you are there as there are so many idiots about. The same reason I always have my lights on when riding a motorbike, so people see me.

I really can't see that.

you think people won't be able to see you without them on?

I also disagree when you say they aren't boy racer style.

But then, saying that, Fogs are better than the idiots who replace their side lights with blue LEDs, and then drive around in the dead of night with only them on (I think they look really cool too :roll: ).

There is ONE thing more annoying than someone driving around with their front fogs on when it's not foggy - and that's someone who drives around with their REAR fogs on! Now THEY annoy me :mad: :mad: :mad:

sorry.

I do see people who drive around with them on as a danger to other motorists though, whats the best word to describe that then? Inconsiderate at best, w*nkers at worst.

Yeah I do agree that fogs are a real frustration to other drivers sometimes as you say - especially in a low slung car like the Corrado where you end up being almost eye level with some bigger cars and you literally cannot see for a few seconds leading up to and after when they have passed you.

Its a real hazard to be honest, so I understand why the police don't like it!