Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

VR6 sound clip

This was from when I picked up my first VR6 and drove it back from Canterbury ...

I remeber going out in Andy's old VR6 (the one in that video clip) at the CCGB National Day.

Scared the socks off some boy racer were following every time Andy put his foot down and the engine bellowed that note. Made a load of kids stop what they were doing and stare in amazement too :D

ho ho ho I need to get this god damn car back on the roads! I miss that noise soo much :twisted:

The G60 sounds like a wasp in comparison to the VR's err warbly noise

It is great with a filter on... just wish you could turn it on and off. You can't beat driving a vr6 through tunnels tho 8)

It is great with a filter on... just wish you could turn it on and off. You can't beat driving a vr6 through tunnels tho 8)

Yeah, I can handle the Cone Filter for about a week or so then it just gets too annoying and I revert back to the standard box.

Timo.

Multi Story car parks are good too :D

I'm gonna have to put a clip of my motor on here... lets hear you call THAT a wasp... :p ;) :lol:

off topic but EUG what wheels are on ur rado? and size?

Audi TT (225 BHP model) 17" with 205/40/17 tyres.

They have been professionally polished to give them the bling bling factor 8)

PS they will be for sale soon cos everyone knows the car's been written off :(

I remeber going out in Andy's old VR6 (the one in that video clip) at the CCGB National Day.

Scared the socks off some boy racer were following every time Andy put his foot down and the engine bellowed that note. Made a load of kids stop what they were doing and stare in amazement too

He he! :twisted:

Nice sound clips guys! Need to sort some sort of induction for my new VR- although it sounds great I really miss that extra growl :wink:

Don't know why people find it tiresome :? it's not much louder than standard unless you're on full throttle.... and how often do people drive at full throttle?

Are you going to be breaking the car Eug, or has it landed in the hands of elephant. I could be interested in the bonnet depending on condition.

Don't know why people find it tiresome :? it's not much louder than standard unless you're on full throttle.... and how often do people drive at full throttle?

I wonder if I had a freakishly loud one... the whole cabin reverberated after about 5k admittedly that is getting towards full throttle though :lol: I'd quite like to hear a BMC carbon one!

When I put mine on I thought it sounded a bit mad, almost embarassing, but after a while it quietened down (must trap particles which reduced the noise). I think a cai might be quieter as the filter isn't in the engine bay.

The G60 sounds like a wasp in comparison to the VR's err warbly noise

LOL, it does aswell!

Mine sounds nothing like that....standard airfilter and exhaust :lol: