Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

A sneak preview of my new wheels....

so are we only allowed one members gallery?

I can't see the problem with having a fe on specific subjects. it's easier to follow that way.

so are we only allowed one members gallery?

I can't see the problem with having a fe on specific subjects. it's easier to follow that way.

well given that i have 3 gallery threads myself you are obviously allowed more than 1......but all 3 of my gallery threads are about different cars.....ie ........my storm,my old cars and my new "old" motah one.........whereas you seem to have a gallery thread for each different thing you do to your car...............you can edit the title of your gallery thread each time you make a change btw

well, if you didn't (quite pathetically I feel) write storm in red italics everytime I might actually value your opinions.....until then.....

my car's changed a lot in the last year, there's too much to keep in one thread. some people might not be interested in some things I've done, but might be interested to see specific areas, hence the multiple topics.

fake vr6 :lol:

well, if you didn't (quite pathetically I feel) write storm in red italics everytime I might actually value your opinions.....until then.....

says MR-T :p

my car's changed a lot in the last year, there's too much to keep in one thread. some people might not be interested in some things I've done, but might be interested to see specific areas, hence the multiple topics.

Erm, My car has changed a fair old amount in the last year or so, probably as much as yours has, if not more.... You'll find that I've only got one thread about my car AND that it's one of the most viewed and active threads on the forum...

It makes it much simpler if you keep all of your different bits in one thread so that people can see the progression of what you've done to your car rather than just getting fragmented views of single items....

I have NO threads about my car, because I tend to assume no-one gives a sh*it!

i have thus far been unsurprised! ;)

actually dr_mat, I'd be interested to see a thread about your car with photos.... from the amount of negative comments about Corrados you've made recently, I'm assuming that you've had to have just about all of the mechanical bits on the car replaced and I'd be interested to see photos of how it looks now... 8)

See, someone gives a sh!t... ;) :lol:

You're just weird! ;)

And the drink? It was Peniston Dark Ale. Lots of it... :) My head hurts... :(

I wouldn't even say "recently" for my negative comments - I was stung pretty much on day one of Corrado ownership with a bill for rear axle bushes replacement, which tends to leave a nasty after taste..!

And yeah, most of the mechanicals have been replaced.. And what hasn't already been replaced is soon to be done.. :roll:

actually dr_mat, I'd be interested to see a thread about your car with photos.... from the amount of negative comments about Corrados you've made recently, I'm assuming that you've had to have just about all of the mechanical bits on the car replaced and I'd be interested to see photos of how it looks now... 8)

Indeed - I like seeing ALL cars owned by forum members on here.. regardless of whether its modified, unmodified, tatty, showroom fresh, 1.8, VR6, etc etc!

Get some pics up dr_mat you old goat ;) :) ;) :D

You're just weird! ;)

Yup... and you lot wouldn't have it any other way! ;) :lol:

Seriously though, get some pics up... That comment I left possibly sounded bitchy, but wasn't meant that way at all, so sorry if any offence was taken by it... 8)

I'm with Jim in that I'd like to see photos of all of the members cars, it's only by seeing what little touches that people have done that you get ideas for other little mods you can do yourself.... 8)

/me fluffles Phat

time of the month mate? ;)

I'm with Jim in that I'd like to see photos of all of the members cars, it's only by seeing what little touches that people have done that you get ideas for other little mods you can do yourself....

hence the need for a proper gallery!!! everyone has their own folder in which they post all pics of their car..mods..wheels..etc easier to navigate. the members gallery thread sectiopn gets clogged up to quick with chit chat (as this one has) and not enough pics...

I'm with Jim in that I'd like to see photos of all of the members cars, it's only by seeing what little touches that people have done that you get ideas for other little mods you can do yourself....

hence the need for a proper gallery!!! everyone has their own folder in which they post all pics of their car..mods..wheels..etc easier to navigate. the members gallery thread sectiopn gets clogged up to quick with chit chat (as this one has) and not enough pics...

good plan, I have seen loads of similar things done before, just need to find a nice host, with a good size bandwidth :)

I don't remember a Poll about that?

dunno why it would be turned down, if you don't wanna use it you don't have to, would just be a good way of keeping the photos all together, without all on the conversation between them

I suggested it'd be nice to have a way of viewing all of the images that were uploaded to the forum, reguardless of topic/section to andy a while back, and his (very valid) reason not to do it was basically down to bandwidth issues. i can see his point, I've a feeling a big gallery would be a well used feature and would eat andys bandwidth quite quickly. The alterantive is do what dave suggested and find a nice host with a nice fat pipe, unfortunatly they dont come cheap. I think on the scale of things I'd rather have a free forum than a paid for one with a gallery feature.

just my 2p!

I suggested it'd be nice to have a way of viewing all of the images that were uploaded to the forum, reguardless of topic/section to andy a while back, and his (very valid) reason not to do it was basically down to bandwidth issues. i can see his point, I've a feeling a big gallery would be a well used feature and would eat andys bandwidth quite quickly. The alterantive is do what dave suggested and find a nice host with a nice fat pipe, unfortunatly they dont come cheap. I think on the scale of things I'd rather have a free forum than a paid for one with a gallery feature.

just my 2p!

very true, I know a load of peeps that have various different hosts, so I'll ask around and get an idea from them.

all my stuff that I have hosted online is hosted on oxford university server, but don't tell anyone ;) (no, really don't!!)

Yup... and you lot wouldn't have it any other way! ;) :lol:

Seriously though, get some pics up... That comment I left possibly sounded bitchy, but wasn't meant that way at all, so sorry if any offence was taken by it... 8)

I'm with Jim in that I'd like to see photos of all of the members cars, it's only by seeing what little touches that people have done that you get ideas for other little mods you can do yourself.... 8)

No worries, no offence taken. :)

Maybe I'll dig out a coupla pics and warm up the scanner...