Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Ladies and Gents I'm really sorry.... (now with photos)

...but all your cars are now worth slightly more than they were on Saturday. My beloved Blue Beast is no more, and I'm so gutted it isn't true.

I was coming around a corner on the way into Pocklington, the passenger side rear wheel clipped the verge, and I started heading for the opposite side of the road on full opposite lock. Just as it caught and I thought it would all be ok, I hit the verge and hedge on the other side of the road which flipped the car causing it to roll. It eventually stopped the right way up facing the opposite way, having bent the bonnet, pushed the engine back, bent the chassis, collapsed the roof on the driver's side, and warped the boot.

I'm so sorry for having destroyed such a beautiful car, I can't begin to describe it.

Both my passenger and I were fine (apart from a couple of bruises), so that at least is testament to the engineering quality of the car. Take it from me, those seats and belts are invaluable, as they hold you in even when you are barreling down the road at speed, the wrong way up.

On the positive side, if there can be one from a tragedy of this magnitude, there may be bits going spare. I have to speak to my insuance company and see what deals they can offer, but as I have nowhere to store the car to strip it, it will have to be accomplished in one trip. I'm thinking that I can get interior bits, the 15" Sebrings (5 in total, 2 with brand new tyres :mad: ), window switches, fog lights (which I had just replaced :mad: ) etc. However, I AM NO MECHANIC, so I can't do anything complicated (such as get the exhaust off which is less than 2 months old :mad: but I'll see what I can do.

None of the parts are officially on sale so no prices, as I don't know what I'll be allowed to get. However, if there is anything that anyone would like me to try and pry off, then please let me know.

If you can call me on 07968 004 309 rather than post on the Forum, as I'm not going to have net access until I get back to work tomorrow, and I shall do my best to get whatever I can.

I'd just like to end this post by saying once again that I'm sorry :cry: , however, I shall once again take to the road in a Corrado, and this one I shall take a great deal more care of.

Take it easy y'all,

Tom

Crikey!

The main thing is that you and your passenger are ok - a good (if slightly unfortunate) advert for the strength of the Corrado in the case of an accident.

Good luck getting back into the ownership fold once again.. start looking for adverts in magazines that match the quality of your car NOW as the insurers will try and rip you off with the book price for a standard Corrado when we all know that those guides are oh so slightly out of date with Corrado pricing now!

Gutter fella

Sorry to hear about the car, but GLAD to hear no one was hurt.

What model is it as I need a few parts but needs to be from a early spec G60

What model is it as I need a few parts but needs to be from a early spec G60

From memory, TomB has a 16v

Sorry to hear about your accident Tom & glad you're all okay.

Big shame about the motor, but main thing is you both walked away from it without serious injury.

Good luck with the search...

Sorry to hear about that man, I know how it feels making a mess of a Corrado, but it'll all be ok. Definitely time to get yourself a nice VR :)

gutted mate!

there seems to be a few C`s crashed recently, as you may know me&sonia are in a similar position, stripping the interior is pretty easy, did all of it in one day with a minimal of tools and experience, exterior bits like lights, sunroof etc also easy although i`m not sure your insurance will let you touch it unless you buy it back

again sorry to hear it

Cheers for all the messages guys, I shall speak to the insurance company tomorrow and let those of you who are after parts know what the score is.

Thanks again,

Tom

Holy crap Batman, I'm glad you're ok dude that looks seriously nasty.

Don't worry, like I said, I know if feels awful now, but if you're both ok then it's just money and you can now go find yourself a nice shiney C :)

Unfortunately I think that I've bent the chassis, and the engine has been pushed back by the force of the impact (as I can't open the bonnet and I can see that bits are not where they are supposed to be. That and the fact that the roof has been partially crushed on the driver's side... Seriously though, would there be any chance? I'm thinking that I'd be looking at several thousand that the insurance won't cover, and I notice there's a VR6 for sale on the forum (If I sell a kidney :) ).

Cheers,

Tom

Sh!t dude sorry to see that, not been a good time for C's, at least you guys were lucky enough to walk away from it.

All the best.

Amit

Bloody hell, I presume that's you sitting by what's left of it, looking veeery dejected. Glad no one was hurt though which is the main thing. That must have made one hell of a noise.

Unfortunately I think that I've bent the chassis, and the engine has been pushed back by the force of the impact (as I can't open the bonnet and I can see that bits are not where they are supposed to be. That and the fact that the roof has been partially crushed on the driver's side... Seriously though, would there be any chance? I'm thinking that I'd be looking at several thousand that the insurance won't cover, and I notice there's a VR6 for sale on the forum (If I sell a kidney :) ).

Cheers,

Tom

It's beyond repair, don't even try. It will be far cheaper to get a (decent!) payout from the insurance company and get yourself another one. Don't apologise though, we won't sent the lynch mob round just yet :lol: Just make sure you get yourself another one and all will be forgiven/forgotten :)

ouch....glad your ok...sounds like a nasty crash!

start looking on autotrader for cars similar to yours...try to match age mileage spec etc and take a print of the details then when and if the insurance company gives you a crap pay out you have something to give back to them saying its worth more! My dad has had dealings with lots of insurance companies in the past and they all use autotrader to check the currect value of a car....obviously you can select some of the nicer more expensive examples to give to them

good luck and hope your back on the road in a corrado soon!!

Sorry for you mate !

Being a crash test dummy (pilot ?!) I too can testify to the build quality and strength of the Corrado body.

I certainly feel very safe inside.

I'm sure you'll be coming back for more as I'm after my third victim now ... :twisted:

The good news is that the market value just got higher so that's good for your payout !

Remember that the purpose of insurance is so that neither you nor your insurance company are left any better or worse off than before the accident.

And they need to pay you a reasonable sum so that you can go out and buy another vehicle in the same condition as yours, prior to the accident.

kvwloon, that's actually my passenger sitting by the side of it looking dejected. I'm the one crying behind the camera!

I've spoken the the insurance people and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get much off it. I shall have a word with the garage though and see what they say :wink:

Cheers,

Tom

Sorry about the accident mate but I can only echo the fact that the main thing is that youre OK and ready to fight another day.

As for insurance cover - a general question : In order to avoid the fuss insurance companies make in these situations, is it not possible to agree a figure for the replacement value prior to taking out the policy - Does anyone know of an insurance company that does this?