Sign in to follow this  
Rufio16v

Side exit zorsts

hey thanks for the info on 120mm lowering. also im hunting for some side exit exhausts,

like on an AC cobra, the ones that come out just after the front wheel and go all the way back to the rear wheel?? any ideas

cheers

no idea on side exits really probably a custom job BUT i think i remember reading about some issues with Mr MOT if you got one fitted-dont quote me just worth thinking about

I think side exits are only legal if the car left the factory with them......could be wrong though..... All the Caterham cars have approval for them, so you might be able to get one of those modded car inspection thingies...

My mate has a side exit on a Renault 5 Turbo- not one that runs the length of the sill though. Still looks w@nk indeed. I particularly like the empty exhaust cutout in the rear bumper and the sooty marks up the sill and door!! Sheer class.

That's something I haven't experienced due to my inability to fold myself into the comedy Corbeau "race" seats in the bucket of scrap.

Ah, the amount of times I burnt myself on my Caterhams side-exit exhaust.

Looks good on a Caterham, and a few other cars. Would look bit odd on a Corrado I think!

I think they look mint!

not the full length sh1te, but a nice tailpipe tucking out of the sill just ahead of the rear wheel looks mint, and they sound f8cking awesome too.

who cares if they are legal! just bribe your MOT man with a bottle of whiskey. if he won't take it, smash it over his head.

Im going to have to agree. The garage where I bought my first Golf from had a racing R5 Turbo with a shallow, wide, side exit exhaust and it looked great.

I think they look mint!

who cares if they are legal! just bribe your MOT man with a bottle of whiskey. if he won't take it, smash it over his head.

:lol: yeah i like em as well .. i think the one in that picks a bit hardcore for my tastes

They don't look too bad at all. I wonder if Mr Miltek on here (16VG60) would be able to fabricate something along those lines...?

Rufio - bloody good band that too. :D

Side exit sidepipes? IMHO, it's a pants idea mate... throwing unburnt fuel/hydrocarbons and oily residues out on over-run just infront of your rear tyres as you come into a corner while engine braking just REALLY sounds like a stupid idea to me... Throw the emissions outta the back where they an only mess about with the poor sods following you! ;) :twisted: :lol:

The ONLY reason the 427 cobra (the only one to actualyl have side exits from factory) had them is 'cos they couldn't get the exhausts outta the back 'cos there wasn't enough room under the car for the pipework! :roll: :lol:

side exit won't hurt the tyres Henny - so much turbulence from the rotating wheel there's no chance unless there's some freakish bodywork involved

by the way, did i speak to you at brunters? didn't realise you were there and i was busy with the car and avoiding the rain most of the time

tt

yeah, I was there and chatted to you for a bit... I was the nutter attacking the Genesis G40 with the Gaffa tape after Bevis managed to blow up his stand alone oil pump... ;) :lol:

Good point about the rotating thing though, not thought about it like that.... 8)

yeah, I was there and chatted to you for a bit... I was the nutter attacking the Genesis G40 with the Gaffa tape after Bevis managed to blow up his stand alone oil pump... ;) :lol:

Good point about the rotating thing though, not thought about it like that.... 8)

still can't picture you mate :oops: terrible memory for people like that :roll:

maybe i've supressed the memory to protect myself - must have been a terribly messy image :lol:

tt

maybe i've supressed the memory to protect myself - must have been a terribly messy image :lol:

tt

You DO remember him then :lol: