Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Recommendation

Hi Guys,

I am after a decent alarm and immobiliser.... can anyone recommend something and perhaps where to get it fitted in North West?

Cheers

My Clifford was well behaved too but unfortunately they are all too often fitted by cowboys, and have a terrible reputation. I think the more frivolous items you have bolted onto it make it more unreliable as well.. I had a bare bones Concept 300 and it worked great.

Hear a lot of good things about Toad alarms too.

can recommend the con300 but install is the key. the muppets who done mine took the power off the ciggie lighter feed for the brain so when I accidently fused the ciggie plug the car died :!:

other than that tho it was great.

saying that the cobra in my C (installed before I got it) has been flawless to date bar blowing its fuse.

I had a SIGMA on my VR6 and although basic had no problems.

Also had Clifford on my old 16V....

What sort of money am I looking at then for a decent remote closure system and perhaps even link up the revolving mirrors??? - so they fold in when locked? :lol:

I'd be interested in this too because I currently only have an immobiliser on mine. It does the job, but a little more security would be nice. If nothing else, the remote locking and full closure would be very 8) :lol:

I can recommend the Toad Ai606, which is usually well priced and seems pretty rock-solid in operation. Best of all it comes with a life-time gaurantee. The basic alarm is about £300. I've got one in my C, but with the shock & tilt extras, and an additional interior 125dB siren. No problems with it so far..

(Oh, and just to add: its remote full-closure locking 8) )

Yeah just been reading reviews on the TOAD Ai606 and it sounds awesome.... can get it for £250 fitted but need to find someone who install it near Manchester!

can recommend the con300 but install is the key. the muppets who done mine took the power off the ciggie lighter feed for the brain so when I accidently fused the ciggie plug the car died :!:

saying that the cobra in my C (installed before I got it) has been flawless to date bar blowing its fuse.

Quick question about the Cobra - I know the boot and bonnet have sensors to detect if they have been left open when you try and arm the alarm (and bleep accordingly) but if I leave my passenger (not tried driver) door open the alarm locks and arms as if nothing is wrong! Is there meant to be a sensor in the door for that?!

The alarm uses the original door switch to sense if the door is opened. I would hazard a guess that opening the passenger door doesn't turn the interior light on. If it does then they may have isolated the drivers door from the passenger one for some reason??

Gavin

Just had a clifford concept 300 ripped out of mine, had a few probs with it (draining battery in 2days, constant false alarming, no internal sensors, and a relay had been wired up wrong) then it died!!!

I've now got a Toad Ai606 and can't recoomend it highly enough :D :D

Quick question about the Cobra - I know the boot and bonnet have sensors to detect if they have been left open when you try and arm the alarm (and bleep accordingly) but if I leave my passenger (not tried driver) door open the alarm locks and arms as if nothing is wrong! Is there meant to be a sensor in the door for that?!

will try later for you mate :)

I'd be interested in this too because I currently only have an immobiliser on mine. It does the job, but a little more security would be nice. If nothing else, the remote locking and full closure would be very 8) :lol:

That's all I use mine for.... remote locking and full closure :lol:

That's all I use mine for.... remote locking and full closure :lol:

So am I right in thinking Haywire Engineering recommend the Clifford option then? :)

Installed yourself with gold wires covered in 3 layers of insulation too, no doubt?

lol :D

I have just had a quote of £289 fitted for a TOAD Ai606 via place just down the road from work so thats good enough for me....

lol :D

I have just had a quote of £289 fitted for a TOAD Ai606 via place just down the road from work so thats good enough for me....

Doesn't sound too bad... I'll have to see who'se good for alarm fitting around here

I can recommend the Toad Ai606, which is usually well priced and seems pretty rock-solid in operation. Best of all it comes with a life-time gaurantee. The basic alarm is about £300. I've got one in my C, but with the shock & tilt extras, and an additional interior 125dB siren. No problems with it so far..

(Oh, and just to add: its remote full-closure locking 8) )

yeah ive got exactly the same alarm also with the remote full-closure locking too.I have had no problems with it and found it to be a good reliable alarm i would say it was better than my old clifford 300 alarm i had on another car!

Scott if you're still looking I can't recommend the guys at MCA in Levenshulme (I think) highly enough. VSIB approved, good prices and top guys.

The alarm uses the original door switch to sense if the door is opened. I would hazard a guess that opening the passenger door doesn't turn the interior light on. If it does then they may have isolated the drivers door from the passenger one for some reason??

Gavin

Its true...i spent two days stripping the entire wiring load out of my crashed corrado...noticed that it used the passenger side door for the opening, but also drivers. I think its the pos+ wire and the the ground wire is utalised on the passenger footwell side.

The Toad Ai606 with total closure is by far a great alarm...it caused no problems what so ever in the time i had it, except the total closure wouldnt work when i bought the car...an easy fix though.

check Ebay...they go for around £115-120 to buy boxed and new conditon.

sanj. :wink:

Sounds like a TOAD Ai606 is what I'll be going for then... yet another thing to add to the wish list :roll:

Yeah am having a TOAD Ai606 with full closure for £250 fitted :D

The guy is also coming out to my work place to fit it!! :D

Yeah am having a TOAD Ai606 with full closure for £250 fitted :D

The guy is also coming out to my work place to fit it!! :D

Score :D