Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

My G60 vs. Audi A6 2.7 T

On my way back from getting parts from the dealers today and I see a audi coming from behind at a rather fast rate. It had just over taken someone. I thought mmm..... wonder what this is. I was looking for RS badges in the front grill and found now and thought ideal I must stand some chance here. I was thinking probably a 1.8 T as it had a quattro badge and there was no black smoke when it over took the car behind me :roll:

Anyway, comes past me and then gets stuck behind a van in front on me which gave me the chance to see it was a 2.7 Turbo. I thought to myself, "yup, this is going to be interesting" so I tuck up behind it to over take with him the next time he went. Unfortunatly he did a rather dodgy over take and I decide I would wait. (it was very close!!!) He managed to get past and few more car/vans with more dangerous moves but I finally got my chance and caught up with him after a blast along a straight!! He was stuck behind a few cars and I knew a nice straight was coming up.

I'm thinking "I hope and can keep up with him" and he went, I went!! I was stuck to him like dog sh&t on your new pair of trainers!!

All in all I pretty chuffed with myself. 13 year old VW versus £30k Audi and he can't get rid of me. 8)

Thought I would share that!

Timo.

Perhaps he's an anvil salesman - eight of the things in the boot, didn't you notice the slight upward slant and lowness of the rear suspension? ;)

Plus you got a tow... ;)

Just been looking up the specs of that machine. 230 bhp V6 twin turbo. Maybe I did get a little tow but my g60 aint standard. Maybe the turbos took a wee bit of time to spool up!! whereas I had instant boost!! 8) :mrgreen: 8)

Timo.

Anvil salesman, LOL :lol:

I swear silly driving on the motorway is a rep's only enjoyment during the day. My mate is a rep and drives exactly the same, in fact he's a complete t#ss pot in his 318i Estate......but get him out of the car and he's sound as a pound.

I digress...

Is your G60 tweaked? A 200 brake G60 or VR seems able to keep up with a fair few modern machines with over 200 bhp.

Stick that 2.7 bi-turbo in a lighter car though and it would be a different story unfortunately :?

I suspect a 2.7 V6 turbo with only 230 bhp won't be pushing a lot of boost. Probably has very wide torque and minimal lag on that, given that the 2.7 V6 30V can probably develop not far off 200bhp on it's own...

It's the anvils I tell you. ;)

Yeah he's got a degree, hence the 'Doctorate' in the field of his chosen study.... he isn't a 'Doctor' as such, so won't be giving you a check-up :lol:

Yes the Audi 2.7 biturbo is a low pressure unit, like many of the Volvo turbos, which incidentally still use Audi's superb 5 cylinder unit....I think.... the 850 T5-R certainly used it. Not sure about the V70 etc....

It does use low pressure turbos. It actually the old S4 quattro engine slighty de-tuned. I could also argue the usual... he's got 4WD so he loses X amount of power due to that... blah blah.

kevhaywire, It has been tweaked by one of the previous owners. 68mm pulley/chip/oil cooler. The usual stuff. I tell you man, its a flying machine!!! I recon its quite and even match, obviously not of the start line but once moving it must be pretty close. 230 bhp in a A6 aint that much. They are rather large!!

Maybe the guy had just had a big lunch or he had just done his wife in and she was in the trunk and she was fat and there was anvils in with her and his handbrake was stuck on and there was a big head wind that wasn't effecting me and ......................... can't think if anything else :mrgreen:

Its cos its yellow :D and this time of the year those wasps do get a bit gurned up ! :wink: :mrgreen:

Whats the miles on her TIMO as it looks yummy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

82k at the moment. Had 79k when I (and my father) bought it two months ago. Actually it now belongs to him as he's just sold his motor bike and bought my share out. My vr6 is just about to get some nice new lower suspension fitted and then it will be back on the road the the G60 will be going for a rest in a nice dry garage to keep the miles of it for a while. The intention is to run one for 6 months, then the other. That's the theory anyway. Just trying to keep the milage of them both is a knightmare.... want them to last forever you know!!!! :lol:

Timo.

dr_mat, I have to know....are you actually a Dr.????

Sorry to say, I have a pair of degrees. One BSc and a PhD. So yes! :D

Unfortunately I have no clue with a spanner.. The maths just ain't transferable to the workshop... :)

As a PhD student with a first class degree myself, I'd like to congratulate you on those achievements. Rock on.

I'm pretty handy with a spanner too I reckon.

A unique combination! Spanners and sums! Bravo that man! :)

Now perhaps if you learned that cars were best with their wheels facing downwards ... ;)

LOL....sh1t happens! Anyway the Golf was starting to use a fair amount of oil and water, and the "incident" gave me the excuse to buy a Corrado. I was only saying to a friend earlier that day that I'd never been in a rolled car *sigh* :oops:

A graduate that knows their way round a tool box is indeed a rare thing :lol: No offense!

Seen many an electronics graduate that can't even solder or put a polarised electrolytic capacitor on a PCB the right way round but talk to them about the theory of flux and capacitance or the theory of Inductance and Henry's law and they'll bore you rigid :)

I believe I can hold my own....others may disagree! The apprenticeship with Anglian Water helped somewhat, and it's probably the reason I most hate the term "graduate." Yuk :pukeright: