Sign in to follow this  
corradostorm

White Storm?

nice flaking paint on the handbrake surround there... quality job.... :| :roll:

I saw that and thought ffs

he should have bought the gloss from Homebase :-P

Wow, dat really is trick, innit! (sic)

Anyone remember the Skoda badges on a certain C at Woburn last year? I just don't get it!

That car has turned up to the Ace Cafe once or twice. Actually bumped into Guy admiring it at Ace Cafe a few months back. The interior really has to be seen to be believed. However it is on the whole a clean car unlike the 'tippex' VR6 that had Recaro's.

Also saw a horrid one in Bristol (another white one) by the Dub Depot a few years back with a Mundano 24v badge on the back on a G plate with truly awful paint.

If he bought it thinking it was a Storm then he's an idiot. If he's tarted up that G reg and is passing it off as a Storm he's an idiot. Either way you look at it he's a knob.

If he bought it thinking it was a Storm then he's an idiot. If he's tarted up that G reg and is passing it off as a Storm he's an idiot. Either way you look at it he's a knob.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

theres like 2 corrados round here that have storm badges on them......1 black 16v G reg black cloth 2 grey M reg VR6 black leather

why dont these ppl at least try and put it on a car that matches at least some of the specs of a storm

I know it ISN'T a real one, but I would have thought he would have put a Storm steering wheel in there - instead it is a Rallye wheel, or do I have the wrong one in my Storm? it's a leather bound 3 spoke, with the vw logo at the bottom

I know it ISN'T a real one, but I would have thought he would have put a Storm steering wheel in there - instead it is a Rallye wheel, or do I have the wrong one in my Storm? it's a leather bound 3 spoke, with the vw logo at the bottom

aka the VR6 wheel :D :wink:

That clears that up then - Hmmm, makes me think he is even more stupid than I originally did!

That clears that up then - Hmmm, makes me think he is even more stupid than I originally did!

No, that's probably just the original steering wheel (pre-facelift type) I've got a different design in the Campaign (albeit in red and blue ;) )

Sorry guys but this is a shock!!!!!!! I know I use this forum a lot but I don’t get the chance to read all the threads, if that was the case there is no way I would let you lot get away with these kind of comments!!!!!!

Last night at ace cafe I was approached by the owner, as I know him myself as I’ve helped him with some 16v bits and he uses this forum so imagine how you would feel that you come on here and find your pride and joy slated like a piece of shit.

I know the "Tippex corrado" as he lives near me and he had it come, as he is the one that made the comments my corrado the best here (or along that lines) so he bought that kind of attention onto himself.

But this Corrado in questions and the owner has never done anything in the sort!!!!!

There is a perfectly good reason why he has the Storm badges on there and I’m not going to explain as I don’t believe it to be my place to do so but I just cant believe all your attitudes!!!!!!!!

And haven’t none of you worked it out he is an enthusiast hence why he was at E38 and that corrado is better looked after than I’ve seen other corrado’s looked after!!!!!!!!! and I thought thats why where all here trying to keep the corrado alive!

Personally I think this “Storm” issue has got a bit out of hand now and in the 5 years of owning corrado and being a in the scene I’ve never seen anything like this.

p.s I wouldn’t reply normally but as i know the guy personally, I just can believe you lot have sank to a new low/level on here not only do i find it fcuking rude your calling him names but then you rip into his car!!!!! Sorry but its bad enough we get this attitude from other people in the scene I didn’t think we corrado guys had to join in as well!!!! But my opinion of you lot has drop and I know we all have different opinions about everything but this is pure SAD!!!!!! Trust me I’ve had my car slatted off twice, once not as bad as the other but it’s not nice and that was coming from other corrado owners but at least mine was private and not on a public forum.

I don’t expect anyone to agree with my comments I just thought I would put my 2p's worth forward!!!

Alex,

Fair points you've made there, and as far as him being an enthusiast and a Corrado lover is concerned - there isn't a problem. I think the main gist of what people are getting at is the ol' "dressing mutton up as lamb" scenario. I drive a 16V, but I wouldn't dream of touting it as something it's not. I will get a VR6 one day, but until that day - I'm a valver driver, and the 16V badge on the back will not be coming off to be replaced by something else.

OK, comments/opinions noted on here are not exactly the nicest in the world - mine included on page one. BUT, they were said without prior insight as to

a) what sorta person he was

b) his aquaintance to you

c) the view that he was dressing up a G plate valver as a rare marque of 'rado.

My 2p's too. :)

I couldn’t care less if the he had put up R32 badges on there I wouldn’t start slaging the car off and the owner for just that reason.

In the end of the day there is a perfectly good reason why its there and as far as I’m concern you either take it up with the owner if you think its wrong but don’t judge him without knowing his side of the story on a public forum.

He isn’t trying to pass it off as a storm because (and this what gets to me the most) really enthusiast corrado know it’s not a storm. Everyone that’s replied on here assumed he was so from reading though this thread its given a automatic reason/right to slag someone off.

sorry I find this thread childish and silly and the fact it got to this level is a pure joke!!!! and then they wander why the UK scene cant never get to the relax atmosphere of Europe???

sorry but I'm still shocked and can't believe it every time I read it over again and again.

p.s and what the fact that he knows me, what has that got to do with anything!!!!! what am I, some kind of king that everyone has to respect?? sorry but I’m not happy with that comment. I’m like everyone else on here but I like to respect someone first before having a go. I have my personal tastes but I don’t go off on one about someone’s car because I don’t agree it’s there choice of “mods” and if I do feel strongly about something I’ll take it up with the person in concern.

I couldn’t care less if the he had put up R32 badges on there I wouldn’t start slaging the car off and the owner for just that reason.

In the end of the day there is a perfectly good reason why its there and as far as I’m concern you either take it up with the owner if you think its wrong but don’t judge him without knowing his side of the story on a public forum.

He isn’t trying to pass it off as a storm because (and this what gets to me the most) really enthusiast corrado know it’s not a storm. Everyone that’s replied on here assumed he was so from reading though this thread its given a automatic reason/right to slag someone off.

well sorry but if he's not trying to pass it off as a storm why has he got a storm badge on the rear panel :?: ...............or perhaps he should tell us the reasoning behind it to help clear it up for us :wink:

Is it just me or is the drivers seat a different colour from the passenger seat?

Mibby he should sell it in bits-prob get more for it.

Cheers Fraser

like ive said he has his reason but i still dont think it gives you lot a good reason to insult him.

The owner is awear of this thread and what ever actions he so wishes to take is upto him im just making my point.

Is it just me or is the drivers seat a different colour from the passenger seat?

Mibby he should sell it in bits-prob get more for it.

Cheers Fraser

what the hell you going on about??? why should he sell his car??

im with alex on this one,people are far to quick to judge on here,take that american guy who came on here to offer some items for sale,and he was just abused,then he gave sh!t back and his thread was locked...by the way if i bought a storm in blue and then decided to spray it yellow does that mean its not a storm any more??after all its only a bloody badge

The politics of car ownership is getting bloody annoying.

Look - at the end of the day, you'd get this on any forum you posted on. If you turned up on an Audi forum with your A6 1.9TDi and rebadged it as an RS6 you'd get people wondering what you were up to - if you were posting on a Golf forum with your 1.8 GTI and badging it up as an R32, you'd get people wondering what the hell you were up to.

If he wants to drive around with Storm badges on the car then more power to him - I honestly couldn't care. But doesn't it even seem slightly plausible to expect that if a Corrado shows up on a forum full of Corrado enthusiasts who in some cases know every little in and out and detail on what was done to these cars, and when and how, that Storm badges are going to get ridiculed when stuck on something that clearly isn't a Storm!

I'm sorry if the opinions of the forum have offended him - but because the Corrado was produced in such few numbers and in such few trim styles, and attracts so many keen followers, this kind of thing is going to happen.

But I'd personally like to apologise for any upset that my comments might have directly caused him though.. I wouldn't like people poking fun at my car for whatever reason, so I guess I shouldn't have done the same to him.

Yeah, I thought that at first as well. I wondered if he didn't know which Storm to copy but it's just a trick of the light.

I've only posted in this thread about the paint on his handbrake lever... I couldn't care less if someone wants to badge their car as anything they want... Skoda, Storm, VR6, R32 whatever, and as it's their car, that's their choice... 8) I also do my best to never insult anyone just 'cos of the choices they make on what they do to their cars... at the end of the day everyone has different tastes, ideas and ideals and who the hell am I to judge them?

As for the American thread, if you read it Dazzy, I pointed out that the part in question was NOT just a straight swap as it actually required quite a lot of pipework to make it fit, that's when the guy in question got all offensive and the thread went mad... I refrained from saying anything else 'cos to be quite frank, I haven't got time for attitudes like that, and Tom agreed in the best possible way by locking the thread... 8)

dazzyvr6 even thou I do agree with you’ve said, you where one of the first guys on the thread to bring up the "Tippex comment" now I don’t know if it was directed at the owner but its there.

Also Jim there is no politics and you know that as well as me, there is only people that want to make more of a situation that it really is and that’s my point and I don’t think you should be apologising for everyone else attitude I’m just making you lot a wear what goes on here does have a travelling effect.