Sign in to follow this  
woody

Woody's Project Nosejob JMR Modification Work

First a bit of background. Since owning the car i have worried about the high temps (120 - 130) i was getting so in april last year a had JMR fit a Mocal Oil Cooler in the front of the car behind the grill. This did improve the cooling of the oil (100-110) but when i followed 16vG60 up to Inters i had 118 showing which did worry me as the car had just been fully serviced by JMR.

So the problem was how could i get the oil cooler and if possible do a performance upgrade at the same time. I have always been a fan of 16vG60 front bumper (some people like some do not) each to their own.

So after taking to 16vG60 i decided to Have Project Nosejob Undertaken By JMR.

This required :

1. New Front Bumper RS4

2. Longer Oli Pipes For Movement Of The Cooler

3. Custom Itercooler Pipwork

4. Modified Slam Panel

5. New Slim Radiator Fan

6. Smaco Hoses

7. Audi RS Intercooler

The whole job took 6 weeks all in all but part of that was my fault as we had real problems getting the bumper from germany and the samco hoses were also late.

I would like to thank john for his engineering nowhow and excellent work and for his understanding in me ringing him all the times and asking stupid questions like ' Is it finished yet' while he was on holiday.

Ok its samco HOSE before any leaves smart comments. I will having a chip written for it in the next month so i have no idea if any gain to ponies. But it does feel much quicker when on boost (3000 and above and the highest oil temp i have seen so far is 100 after waiting in traffic for 10 mins withou moving with just winf blowing through the grill.

I got to see that bumper when i was down at JMR...shame we have to have front plates in the UK as it looked stunning without the plate...still looks ok now though :lol:

like they way you lost the side vents :oops:

dont suit the Cs lines at all IMO.

looks like a good piece of work done tho :mrgreen:

Thanks for comments guys. It was worth the wait but praise should really go to john as he has once again done a excellent professional job for £2.50 (i wish) worth any penny in my opinion.

Not a big fan of the RS4 style bumper but it looks well nice with the mods you've done. What is the outlet that you have put on the back of the charger?

THe outlet on the back of the charger is a Golf MK2 GTI G60 outlet fitted from the factory as part of the Aircon package. These are readily available from dealer and i port them out prior to fitting to match the charger. Interested?

16vg60, where are you going to get the remap done, i've been trying to find some where now for months. ? im in surrey.? currently using sns stg5 chips, which works fine. but not sure the water inj helps or not.

Not a big fan of RS4 bumpers either, but fair does it looks really good mate. Good effort! 8)

that looks soo cool because yout actually making use of the huge vents in the rs bumper they look silly when theres nothing behind them imo

I have had a number of enquiries asking if this RS4 / RS2 front and intercooler conversion was a one off for Woody? I offer this kind of work to all interested parties, indeed i have carried out this conversion a number of times now and wellcome your interest. There are numerous options open to you when carrying out this conversion, ie oil coolers, re-location of the radiator, second air intake for G charger and of course individual styling, i am happy to discuss your individual requirements.