Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Auto Express Top Tens : Cars to 'Love & Keep'

I wonder why all the motoring press seem to think the VR is the one to buy out of the whole Corrado range..?

hehe, that should kick off another one for a day or two. ;)

But Dinkus, surely it's a welcome diversion from your Hair style and causing GBH to a tree?

:lol: I think it may have been his hair style that caused the whole accident....

I wonder why all the motoring press seem to think the VR is the one to buy out of the whole Corrado range..?

Because they are all uninformed ninkempoops!! ;)

I dunno - I guess the G60 got a bad rep with grenading G-Chargers and it seemed easier to forget about. Plus motoring press don't generally mention that with some mild tuning one particular model can outperform another - they just talk about the factory defaults - so the VR6 is going to come out on top every time.

Are they nincompoops or ninkempoops? ;)

Don't forget the notoriously short memory.. G60 production stopped years before VR6 production stopped, so everyone remembers the VR6 more clearly.

You know what I was trying to say - didn't know the actual correct spelling of it though.

And yeah, I guess seeing as the G60 was done and dusted 3 years before the VR6 then I guess that doesn't help either.. that and the fact that the VR6 engine lived on in other VW's and the G60 was quickly forgotten about! To be honest, with such a short memory, it amazes me they even remeber the Rado at all... must have made a real impression :D

Moving swiftly on, it's nice to see the good old C is gaining more and more recognition and praise these days. Can only do wonders with future values.

I don't think too many will fall into the wrong hands due to the crippling insurance (for a young person).

Not too mention alot of the general boy racer brigade thinking they are too expensive for an 'old' car...

They *are* too expensive for an old car!

Residuals are being kept high simply because of limited supply (which was primarily because they were overpriced in the first place so they didn't sell).

No you are a sensible chap......

For "young" and "Wrong hands", read Dinkus :lol:

rofl, no arguements there ;)

They *are* too expensive for an old car!

Residuals are being kept high simply because of limited supply (which was primarily because they were overpriced in the first place so they didn't sell).

But for a car that does 0-60 mph in 6 secs and capable of over 150mph I dont think they are expensive!!!

Thats supercar territory and they are worth every penny!

But for a car that does 0-60 mph in 6 secs and capable of over 150mph I dont think they are expensive!!!

Thats supercar territory and they are worth every penny!

Precisely :wink:

Seconded.... well said Scott.

For those of us that can see beyond the cost of a 26p clip.... Corrados are wonderful cars, absolutely no question, and as with the MK2, VW left the doors open for us modders to create some truly special cars.

Volkswagens have the biggest following of any other car in the world and they spawned a massive tuning industry in the 70s when the MK1 GTI was let loose in the UK.

Millions of VW fans can't all be wrong :wink:

['H3R4POR]
No you are a sensible chap......

For "young" and "Wrong hands", read Dinkus :lol:

rofl, no arguements there ;)

ahhhh but Dinkus aint got a patch on Eug's C-wrecking :shock: record :shock: :-P :-P :-P :-P

Millions of VW fans can't all be wrong :wink:

You're putting words in my mouth..

That kind of performance is not unique in the 2nd hand car market, you can get similar straight line performance for a fraction the cost of a Corrado (£500 should do it) - but what keeps those residuals high is the rarity - that's a fact. I'm not complaining, it means I lose less on my investment too, but if the Golf 3 VR6 was fetching £5-6k at 8 years old you'd be questioning the car market.

Good quality, well looked after Golf VR6's do still fetch that kind of money though?

I'd quite like a MK3 VR6 actually.. nice highline with coloured leather wouldn't be anything to sniff at!! 8)

You know Matt doesn't see it that way Jim! A car's performance, handling, looks etc seem to be completely irrelevant to him..... but he can certainly find plenty to say about flaws and 26p clips :wink:

But Dinkus, surely it's a welcome diversion from your Hair style and causing GBH to a tree?

:lol: I think it may have been his hair style that caused the whole accident....

:lol: Alright, alright, I'll get it cut! :roll: :lol:

All I have to do now is find a place round here that won't give me a chav special... :roll:

Admittedly, my record isn't quite as bad as Eug's and I'm working on making my C pristine, so I guess it's all good. The smash isn't gonna do wonders for the resale value, but heck, if I was worried about that I wouldn't have gotten a C in the first place ;)

Can someone remind me, what was this thread originally about? :lol: