Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Dinkus making Slurping, gurgling noises - dying matrix?

I've noticed a slurping, gurgling type noise coming from the passenger footwell after I stop the engine. It only seems to happen when the engine has been fully warmed up though.

I still get head and no clouds of steam from the heater vents (not that I've noticed), but is it signs of a dying heater matrix?

I still get head

Lucky you.... from a woman I trust?

and no clouds of steam from the heater vents (not that I've noticed), but is it signs of a dying heater matrix?

Sounds like the Aux water pump. Mine gurgles a bit when there is air in the system, otherwise it whirs away quietly. Yours might be a bit worn if there's no air in the system. Air might still be working it's way out after your hose and coolant change. Took about 3 days to rid mine of air after the same procedure.

I still get head

well thats nice to know but i fail to see what that has to do with a heater matrix :lol: :lol:

though you did say you where hearing slurping and gurgling noises

I just thought I'd rub it in....wait no, err err I thought I'd share..no! uhhh :lol:

As if this thread wasn't bad enough with just the title :roll: :lol:

As if this thread wasn't bad enough with just the title :roll: :lol:

Yeah, see what you mean mate!

Cheeky git.. :p And it wasn't me making the slurping noises ;)

Sounds like the Aux water pump. Mine gurgles a bit when there is air in the system, otherwise it whirs away quietly. Yours might be a bit worn if there's no air in the system. Air might still be working it's way out after your hose and coolant change. Took about 3 days to rid mine of air after the same procedure.

Hmm, it was doing it before the hose went, so could be getting to new pump time :(

Ah well - the air con unit usually gurgles away to itself after a run.

Ahh that had occured to me, it only seems to do it after the AC has been on, so hopefully nowt to worry about :)

Well, on the basis that it's better to be safe than sorry, you ought to get the heater matrix replaced anyway... ;)

Do vibratechnics do an uprated one? ;)

Well, on the basis that it's better to be safe than sorry, you ought to get the heater matrix replaced anyway... ;)

Do vibratechnics do an uprated one? ;)

:p That rule stops applying when it's an expensive, pain in the arse job to do ;)

lol, not they don't, but they do a nice set of matrix mounting bolts that keep it much more firmly in place :roll: