Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Yet Another Corrado v ???? Argument

LOL.... same old, same old.

Most of the people thought the C is cool but the prick in the Civic VTi wasn't having any of it. I mean, here is a man with a Senator FFS and a old an old Granny's car with a sewing machine under the bonnet.

Characterful, grunty, handsome and rare Corrado or a biddy mobile?

VTECs are over-rated, not Corrados. The Civic Type Rice couldn't pull a wheelie bin over.....

Leave them to it, the less people that know about how good our cars the better i say! In any case people who REALLY do know their cars always love RADOS!!!

I'd be a lot more worried if the chav's and chavesses of the world started liking the Corrado - would you really want to be the owner of a car that they aspire to - I know I certainly don't

hmmm.. where do I fit in here? I used to have a CRX VTEC and absolutely loved it. I now have a Corrado and love it too but the driving experiences are totally different.

VTECs make you feel like you going faster and its more rewarding to feel like your driving the car to the limit (whatever the car). However for the type of driving I do most of the time having a big V6 is so much simpler but equally effective.

People get so hung up on horsepower this and 0-60 that when it's grins per mile that real enthusiasts look for.

Aye.

Let them make their own opinions on things. We all know which is better :)

hmmm.. where do I fit in here? I used to have a CRX VTEC and absolutely loved it. I now have a Corrado and love it too but the driving experiences are totally different.

VTECs make you feel like you going faster and its more rewarding to feel like your driving the car to the limit (whatever the car). However for the type of driving I do most of the time having a big V6 is so much simpler but equally effective.

People get so hung up on horsepower this and 0-60 that when it's grins per mile that real enthusiasts look for.

Agree totally thats why i have a type r and a vr6! :D

Agree totally thats why i have a type r and a vr6! :D

There's always room in this world for the rich schizophrenic. ;)

I think the phrase that means the most in that particular discussion is "horses for courses."Somedays I want a revvy car and some days I want a relaxed grunt-mobile. Having both a Corrado VR6 and a Civic Type-R in the garage would be pretty special.

Looks like they're arguing about it fine amongst themselves without any of us joining in....

:lol: much more fun to just watch the guy with the Senator argue :lol:

And what was the first draft of that like?

"He, Civic Type Rs get chewed by my exhaust fumes on a daily basis, GET WIV DA PROGRAM"?

And where's the

"Hey I would drive a Civic Type R, but I'd have to keep reminding myself NOT to put the LAWNMOWER into it after cutting the grass!!!"

0-60mph their isn't much difference between the C and a 1.6 or 1.8 VTI. 0-100mph the 1.6 would be a long way back as it really runs out of grunt at about 80mph. The real difference is the torque- 1.6 VTI is 160 BHP which is damn impressive for a 1.6... but the torque is 113 lb/ft :lol: If you get caught in the wrong gear, you're stuffed. I remember being killed by a Polo once :oops: The VTEC is quite cool when you're in the mood, but day to day it gets tiring.

The 1.8 was better IMO. Not quite as fast to 60mph, but quite a bit more torquey (still not enough) and it pulled well even after 100mph. Had an AEM cold air intake (wish they made these for the C- quality kit!) and when the VTEC kicked in it sounded 'almost' like a Ferarri :twisted:

The build of the Civic is decent enough, but nowhere near as nice and solid as the C. That said, NOTHING ever went wrong on either of my Civics, and that is where they beat the C hands down. But that's not enough- the C wins easily in every other department 8)

just done some tentative tests and the corrado prevailed in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile :)

it was damp tho so times werent great.

0-60: 7.4 vs 7.79

1/4: 15.x vs 16.25

the civic is a nice car tho and it *feels* faster than the C but the smoothness and refinement of the C are what I like.

-pablo

just done some tentative tests and the corrado prevailed in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile :)

it was damp tho so times werent great.

0-60: 5.4 vs 5.79

1/4: 15.x vs 16.25

the civic is a nice car tho and it *feels* faster than the C but the smoothness and refinement of the C are what I like.

-pablo

Nice having your own *cough* private drag strip eh? ;) :lol: