Sign in to follow this  
bcstudent

bcstudent's garage

That garage makes me wanna cry...IM SO JEALOUS. Better than the stupid one I have. If I wanna work on anything apart from the engine I have to do it on the drive. Not good in winter.... :cry:

Amazing install in the boot and the bike rules too. Love to be able to afford a bike, have to make do with pillion on my mates bikes instead.

I like the carpeted garage.. can't let the C's wheels get cold on a nasty stone floor now can we :wink: :lol:

I like the carpeted garage.. can't let the C's wheels get cold on a nasty stone floor now can we :wink: :lol:

The carpet's there to catch the oil that the Corrado leaves on the floor.

It's spooky..... but I have a 1990 G60 in Metallic black with exactly the same wheels. I better not park my car next to your else whe'll have problems.... :lol:

Love it BTW.... maybe mine will look so good once I've finished playing ;)

Nice R1.. they really are sexy and stupendously quick, like it in silver & black. A mate was after one but went for a 999 instead, still mental. :)

Well, I sold the 17s to a mate after I realised how much better the car drove on the Sebrings.

The R1 was sold at the end of last summer in favour of a DR-Z400 for some green-lane action (something we have plenty of in Norfolk). I loved the R1 but it was pretty damn expensive to run considering how much of the performance was actually usable on the road. In many ways I prefer the DR-Z.

Just for old time's sake...

the dzr is meant to be quite a groovy bike, my dads just bought an 02 hayabusa, thats mental, but hes always had quick bikes, gpz1100r, gpz900r, zzr1100 x 3, gpz1000rx, zx10 and now the busa, always a kwak man until he bought this

your rado is like my volvo, the workslog, that stays messy 90% of the time, for that reason, it stands out from the rest, and i like it :D

Woah....revival!

The DR-Z is pretty good fun and totally capable as a daily commuter. The fact that it's got a rock-solid resale value and it's cheap to run mean it'll be staying for a good while. Off-road it's very capable but it's 80% rider and 20% bike. I fall off a lot but it's not the bike's fault!

I no longer need to own a high performance bike as I use stock bikes from the local Yamaha dealership as and when. It's handy being in 'the circle'. Today I rode over to the manager's house on a 2006 Yamaha FZ-1 to watch the BSB racing and I swapped it there with a 2005 Yamaha R1 for the ride back. Life is good.

Saying that I realised today that of all the bikes I've ridden, which is quite a few now, the 2004-model R1 suits me perfectly. I can see me getting another one when the funds allow to be honest.

I barely look at the Corrado these days. It's quite nasty to drive since fitting the crappy GSF engine mounts due to the immense vibration. The new gearbox mount has already failed; it lasted 150 miles. Cheap crap that I can't afford to replace right now.

it's a nice C!

It's mechanically sound, apart from the crap engine mounts of course, but the bodywork and paint is in a poor state. Still, it does what it needs to.

Lovin that car mate,

i have some very good used mounts you are welcome to if it means another 'Rado is on the road!

That's a most generous offer. Where in Norfolk are you from?

Yesterday marked the end of my time with the Corrado. After accepting to buy a Seat Leon Cupra at a rediculously low price I needed to make room, and that meant selling G382 YMG. After four years of ownership it's strange to watch someone drive away in your car.

The car has been sold to a forum member, so I can rest happy that it's gone to an enthusiast. Cheers Dec for meaking the sale so straight-forward.

This is what replaces the Corrado (for now)...

It's clean, but it's not *mint*. Up close you can see the odd chip here and there, plus the usual swirls in the paint. The bonus is, as the only previous owner was my mother, I know the car has nothing to hide. It doesn't look half as cool as the Corrado though.