TAX: 01/03/20 (but cannot transfer this anymore), Tax is £30 Annually)
Engine size: 1.7
Fuel type: Diesel
150,000 (currently still in use, so increases)
Description including modifications:
I'm the third owner from 16/03/13 onwards. Its my daily driver, but its starting to have a few mechanical issues, which I don't have the time to sort myself, so I'm hoping to sell it on as a light project for someone.
The car runs and drives, and starts every time.
Mechanic problems that need attention:
- The Gearbox has started to wyne in the lower gears. This is due to the selector seal needing replacing and hasn't been sorted. I was quoted 1200 to source and fix the gearbox. It would benefit from an oil change. I will include the selector seal part with the sale. The noise isn't very loud (doesn't sound like a super charger, but is noticeable. Its been like this for about a year now.
- I've seen on this forum the repair kit for the intenral gearboxes is around 120 quid? Hopefully this can be sorted by someone who has the time. I don't, unfortunatly/
- The bodywork is scuffed, there is also some surface rust on the rear wheel arches. I treated this with some wire wool and hammerite, but has come back. This hasn't rotted through the panel yet.
- One of the door strips has fallen off and left the ruber residue on the door.
- There is a dent in the rear quarter panel (probably from a bollard, was like that when I bought it)
- The car has been used all year round. The interior is in need of a good deep clean. There are some stains on the front seats and has a cigarette burn on the rear seat. This is from a previous owner, and the car does not smell of cigarrettes (perhaps a careless passenger)
- The Aux belt has started to get noisey at idle (will include a new Aux belt)
- The wheel arch covers are missing.
- The engine under covers are not fitted, but included in sale.
- Rear suspension bump stops are torn and would benefit from replacing. I assume the rear suspension is original, as I've never touched it.
Rear tyres are old and have been on the car from before I owned it, they are starting to get some hair line cracks, however it passed MOT without advisories
- Steel wheels have surface rust
- Original VW Wheel trims present, but scuffed
Part service history. Full folder of receipts during my ownership. I have serviced the vehicle myself for most of its ownership. Very little history prior to my ownership.
During my ownership I have done, or changed the following:
- Cambelt done twice, last done 17/09/18 142646 miles (done by a local garage)
- Front suspension fully replaced with genuine VW parts 28/02/17
- Power steering hose replaced 14/03/17 mileiege, 139727
- Front Tyres replaced 2014, Kumo's
- Alternator, Aux belt, Tensioner, 23/11/15 mielege 135638
- NS front ball joint replaced 23/11/15, mielege 135638
- Rear brake wheel cylinder, Shoes, shoe fitting kit and Fuel filter changed 01/03/19, Mileige 142646
- Front exhaust pipe with CAT, gaskets reniewed 17/10/14, Miliege 129887
- Handbrake cable replaced 10/03/14, milige 118930
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands, B71 area
Images will be added later today.
Price: £250 ono