Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

pleasant sounding buzzer

fitted a Maplin's buzzer for the lights but it sounds awful - anyone know of a nicer sounding buzzer or even those ones that go 'bong-bong' as opposed to a continuous shrieking buzz??

I fitted the same buzzer.

2 choices ...

1) Remember to turn the lights off before you exit the vehicle

2) Get hold of a buzzer from a breaker from a car which has a nice bong bong sound

I have to say the bong-bong things are far more annoying than a nasty tinny little buzzer, IMHO...

Ever driven a hire car in the US? God, everything goes bong bong...

try rs components they do a mini siren called the banshee which can produce pretty much any tone you like (including the star trek whoop sad i know) and the bong bong noise and can produce 120dB (it is adjustable by the way) we used to fit them to industrial control panels in places like jcb or bicc i think they are about a tenner

Which wires did you tap into Storm? I made up a lights on buzzer circuit (also from Maplins) last yeat but never got round to installing it. Want to get it in now as I keep leaving the lights on!

I prefer bong-bong too :lol:

theres a usefull how to guide on the ccgb web site,ive been meaning to do this mod for ages as im always getting someone knocking on my door telling me ive left my lights on..again..

yeah, Kev - I just used the guide from the CCGB -very straightforward - if you want any photos let me know because I'm taking it apart again to stick on a one way diode across the live wire cos Im getting reverse earth current feed which keeps my interior cabin light on!