Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

Crash in Greenwich

Friday night in Greenwich town centre, at a traffic light. Light turns green, i start moving and next thing you know a fucking twat drove into the back of me.

I can honestly say i have never been so angry in my life. the mrs tried calming me down...She would, she didnt work her ass of to buy a beauty of a car.

I got out with my crowbar(always keep it handy on the drivers side) and the guy tried turning his engine back on. didnt work.

I looked at my bumper and it was only scratched, thats all, his carhowever, bounced back off mine and the bumper was one the ground, lights were smashed, grill had fallen off, completely Fd. At which point i put the crow bar away.

ANd

the cheek of the fuker, tried offering me 100 buc to fix the damage. He kept saying, oh its only an L reg. Prik!!!!

to the point now

i have his insurance but he still wants to offer me cash

Ive called Eurocar parts and back bumper is 394 buc?????????? And Yaashik in wembley will charage me 180 to put new bumper on as well as realign it as current bumper has slightly recessed, plus full respray.

The guy wont pay up 600 buc though....so shall I

a) just go for insurance (dont want to cos hes from new cross and the insurance company, auto insurance will take my car to cowboys and theyll be ripping my car around for weeks, no fing way)

b) shall i ask for a cheque of insurance company

c) shall i get cheaper quotes myself for the bumper and accept 400 quid

d) or ............................shall i just accept 400 quid and respray the current bumper and get the rear diffuser, flush the tailgate, spray the front spoiler and get my cambelt and tensioners changed???

OR

should i just go and kick his head in to make myself feel better?

I'd try and keep it away from the insurers at all costs.......

If you're a good boy and want to be 100% legal, you'll have to declare it as a claim for the next 5 years otherwise....... how much will that put up your premiums ???

Get it sorted yourself...... better piece of mind and probably alot cheaper too........

Sorry to hear of your bad luck dude, if the bumper is only scratched the option D and E... otherwise say it'll have to go through his insurance and they will have to put it through your local VW dealer or other reputable bodyshop of your choice - no compromise!!!

Insurance all the way, get a proper job and if its not done right you can send it back. Remember, you dont know how bent the rear panel is under that bumper.

if it goes through the 3rd parties insurance then it won't effect your policy will it? If it does then do as Yalan says and get it sorted yourself - just make sure he covers the WHOLE cost including a hire car if you're left without transport

Insurance all the way, get a proper job and if its not done right you can send it back. Remember, you dont know how bent the rear panel is under that bumper.

true, cos the bumper has gone in slightly, he hit the corner of my back bumper

i sware more i think about it more i wna :mad: :!:

Sorry to hear of your bad luck dude, if the bumper is only scratched the option D and E... otherwise say it'll have to go through his insurance and they will have to put it through your local VW dealer or other reputable bodyshop of your choice - no compromise!!!

really, i heard that they only go to their listed dealers. id consider calling thema nd gettign a cheque.

Stick to your guns mate - its YOUR car...

Bloody pricks like this do my head in as do insurance companies.

ONLY YOU decide what happens.

I would advise to go through his insurance - it will NOT affect your NCB. His insurance will have to cough up - ensure that YOU decide who gets to do the work on the car NOT the insurance and certainly not the bloke who hit you...

If you stick to your guns and dont budge on it you will win eventually :lol:

Thats how I deal with em. 8)

(even my own mother says I can be a right bas*ard when I get going on something like this) :lol:

I would advise to go through his insurance - it will NOT affect your NCB.

Absolutely right...... It won't affect your NCB, but if you tell them you've made a claim on someone else's policy, it is still one of the factors which can affect your base premium...... loads of things can affect the base rate..... and this is just one way of them hikeing your premium without you doing any wrong.

--- A neighbour of mine reversed into my audi whilst I was asleep upstairs. Put it through her insurance & my policy went up ~£100.... (according to adrian flux, this incident made me statistically more likely to have a fault accident in the next 12 months!) - go figure!!!

right heres a pic of the damage, as you can see it is barely anything at all(i would advise all modders to reconsider after market bumpers, the rado bumper is TOUGH)

With this damage in mind, will the insurance company cough up for a new bumper, or repear the existing one?????

They will replace, no question. £700 + VAT + respray. And that's assuming that there's no other damage!!

Your insurance shouldn't care, they will be claiming everything back off the other guy's insurance!!

You may be able to suggest that the rear bumper is only repaired, but you will have the choice (with any decent insurer) to replace it. Would you honestly choose a repair over a replacement? Given that it's the *fact* that you've made a claim, not the value of the claim, that will effect your insurance record. £200 or £2000 it's all the same to them.

Personally I'd take it to VW and get them to replace the rear bumper, making sure that the insurance company are aware this is your plan.

As I said - your insurance company won't care, as they are claiming everything off the other guy........

As I said - your insurance company won't care, as they are claiming everything off the other guy........

ok mate, what i emant was in my policy my car is standard other thna the rims. I forgot to mention the powerflow exhaust. Wil they fuk me on inspection???????

AND

Cheers mate uve been a great help, what a diamond this forum is.

I know what you mean - and like I say, I doubt they will care, as they won't be having to pay for it!!

It might effect your premium next year (hardly anything though), but if they ask, it's just a "replacement" exhaust, as far as you're aware....

Anyway, what's the alternative? A touch up and respray, hiding damage, reducing the resale value of your car, paid for by some geezer who should drive more carefully? Say they pull the bumper off and find the rear panel dented slightly - then you'd be fecked unless the insurance was paying for it!

IMHO you should take it all through the insurance and get the best possible job done. A bodge won't cut it.

True - Insurance it is. Mfuka for driving into me. And i shall be taking it to my local vw. I found the bumper for 394 at eurocar parts and 200 for the labour. so hopefully they will fork out a cheque for 800 and ill flush the back at the same time.

Dr mat, my thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always go thru insurance, then the work is guaranteed and you won't be stuck if there is more damage than you first think

He'll be claiming for the damage on his anyway by the sounds of it so they'll be expecting a call from you, so you can go straight thru his policy, If you specify a bodyshop of your own choice that don't provide a car then they will hire one for you..

And i got back pains, so hopefully ill get some compensation. :D

hmmmm you're happy about having back pains to get compo :roll: ............and you've also earlier said you've accepted money from the guy involved????................sorry but that sort of atitude stinks...........it gives the impression that you are mercenary in your approach to this...........btw if yer back pains are false and you see this as a way of getting more money all you are doing is in effect increasing everybodies insurance premiums while you line your pockets :evil:

I have to agree with Rodders I'm afraid. In any case, vague 'back pains' won't get you anything

Well i only accepted money as he offered it as a gesture. He only offered it cos he was under the impression that his head was gna be kicked in (plus i wrote him a receipt).

But cheers for your respnse anyway.

Well i only accepted money as he offered it as a gesture. He only offered it cos he was under the impression that his head was gna be kicked in

:D :D :D I wonder what gave him that impression :D :D :D