Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

Crash in Greenwich

If you had whiplash you might be able to swing something, but a glancing blow to the rear corner of the car that didn't cause any structural damage to the car isn't going to give you back problems, unless your back was twisted at the time or something..

My father *did* claim for neck problems after his car was in a rear-end crash, but it was one that occurred at some speed, the (3 year old) car was written off by the damage, and my father spent a night in hospital being observed cos his face was mashed up on the steering wheel (and yes, he WAS wearing a seat belt). I have no qualms about him claiming against someone who drove without due care and attention (and was prosecuted for doing so by the police). You alone can judge the severity of your accident, but I have to say you'll be pushing your luck, IMHO.

And you will, of course, have to give the bloke his money back if you claim the accident through the insurance, cos otherwise that's extortion! ;)

dr mat sorry toh ear about ur old mans crash, mine wasnt even close to that. And thanks for your input, always appreciated.

khurrado, sorry to read about your accident, but that's all it was.. an accident. I don't really think there was any need for jumping out of your car with a crowbar. That's what has probably caused your back pain. I'm not surprised the guy gave you money, it sounds as though you were extremely intimidating. At the end of the day it was an accident and that's why we pay for insurance, to cover the cost of accidents. Stop trying to screw people about and just claim off the guy's insurance, get your bumper repaired/replaced and get on with life. It's too bloody short to get peed off about what looks like a scratch.

TRUE

Long things going on here mate, and as for me intimidating him, i claim temporary insanity.

I just spoke to vw, and they told me that (as mentioned earlier by storm) my rear panel could be damaged, and so costs could come up to just under a grand since a corrado bumper is very hard to come by.

INSURANCE IS THE WAY........Cheers del, and others. I will take ur advice and go through the proper chammels, and give the guy his cash back.have this done with....

I just spoke to vw, and they told me that (as mentioned earlier by storm) my rear panel could be damaged, and so costs could come up to just under a grand since a corrado bumper is very hard to come by.

Why do you think they are known as STEALERS?????? :D What's the bet if they do have a look at it the panel will be damaged????

Why do you think they are known as STEALERS?????? :D What's the bet if they do have a look at it the panel will be damaged????

heh ill let you know, going to see my local vw tmro at 8:30 for an inspection.

heh ill let you know, going to see my local vw tmro at 8:30 for an inspection.

Don't let them near it with a spanner!!!! :shock: :shock:

I went to John Ashley VW in new malden, they inspected the car and as storm rightly pointed out my rear panel is FD, and the bumper need replacing, and the exhaust needs to be replaced. I am waiting on their quote but they estimated that it would cost £1500....Thats nearly a write off

I just home they stick to my value on the car and repair it or its gone.

Also they suggested their own company, called ARC who will make the claim for me and give me a bmw courtesy. Is that a good option, or should i stick with my insurance's ppl.

I would definetly get a second and third opinion. They would suggest their own co for the claim, they'll get a nice kick back from it!

I would definetly get a second and third opinion. They would suggest their own co for the claim, they'll get a nice kick back from it!

they guy reckons hes on holiday for 4 weeks from tmro, so im gna have to wait for the claim.absolute c***

mod edit-post decapped and swearing deleted-vr6storm