Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

what colour should i paint my callipers??

dont need special brake stuff then?

Special epoxy caliper paint is available in various colours but hammerite/smoothrite will be okay :wink:

Don't Paint em black :lol: And yep, smoothrite is the Daddy. It's an enamel and can therefore take the heat :wink:

there thats what you meant isn't it kev :wink:

LOL.....

I don't do brightly coloured calipers. There is method to my madness.....black brake dust + black calipers = fcuk cleaning them :wink:

LOL.....

I don't do brightly coloured calipers. There is method to my madness.....black brake dust + black calipers = fcuk cleaning them :wink:

that was exactly my thinking when i did mine.............i was going to go for the "factory" silver finish but then thought about how dirty the alloys get after a day or two and so thought better of it :wink:

LOL.....

that was exactly my thinking when i did mine.............i was going to go for the "factory" silver finish but then thought about how dirty the alloys get after a day or two and so thought better of it :wink:

Exactly the reason that I bought a black car :lol:

Joe......youi would be better off with black as i have seen your mental driving and no colour would last :shock: :lol: :lol:

Who, me? :shock: :wink:

I got lucky when I got my 288 calipers, they had already been enameled a purple colour not too far from the shade of my car. Thinking of changing them to silver to match the rear mk4 calipers.

i,ve got same colour car as you mate and i painted mine yellow hammerite smooth and they set the car off a treat

just about to replace the rears and do the same to them

My front calipers are a lovely shade of matt black with a smattering of brown. Does the job nicely for me. It gives them that '80k mile' look 8)

im thinking i'll just go for a dark colour now....maybe a dark green like someone suggested.....or black so i look like vr6storm :lol:

just need to get that other bloody calliper out of corradostorms car now :mad:

just need to get that other bloody calliper out of corradostorms car now :mad:

And them brake pads off my kitchen table...

I used to have them gold, but thought it was a bit too bling, so now they are red to give that sneeky porsche look :lol:

I have a picture of a new Vr6 somewhere. I shall look for it and the brand new calipers on this example are silvery gold. So Im going to get silver smoothrite and add a smal lamount of gold when I re do mine. Ill try and find the picture.

My calipers are pretty nasty and rusty. Should I somehow get the rust off before painting? If so, any suggestions as to how I should go about it??

Also the standard 16V disks look pretty weedy in my 17s, whats the cheapest/easiest way to make them bigger? Is it possible to just get bigger carriers? if so where?

ross.taylor,

you could buy my vr6 callipers, carriers and hoses...then all you would need are the g60 discs and pads...that would give you the 280mm brake set up :)

I was staring in throught the window at the Porsche Centre in cardiff on Sunday. They had a GT3 in Midnight Blue with yellow calipers (Ceramic brakes). I think my blue storm may get this treatment. :)

EDIT the yellow paint not the porsche brakes ha..ha...