Sign in to follow this  
davidwatsonok

My C got clobbered

:x About 9:30 last night there was an almighty bang outside. Rushed out to find my C pushed 4 feet up the kerb and a manky Peugeot 106 a few feet in front up an embankment. Dozy stupid clueless little biatch had got her hazards and ciggie lighter confused and whilst she was trying to figure out what she was doing, she didn't steer slightly left to follow the curve of the road and struck my NSF wheel and wing :mad: It's pushed the wheel forward by about 4 inches and crumpled the wing. I've had her 10 years and spent many £000's trying to keep her well, all for some thick daydreamer who took 12 attempts to pass her test to come along and put her in direct line for writing off. :evil: AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have floored her. If she's written off I'll be gutted :cry:

as you can see from the post ive just made, i feel for for ya m8. Obviously not the right 24hours for peeps to have there C's anywhere near the road :cry:

Oh man. Sorry to hear that. Its my worst nightmare....... Hope damage not too bad. Keep us posted

Yeah I feel for you too mate- every day I am just glad when I get to my Corrado and everything present and correct

Like you say- your pride and joy ruined by some dozy biatch- the only 'good' news is you caught her in the act. I bet if you weren't around she would have just scarpered :?

She'd have had trouble scarpering TBH. I had to move her car for her as she was a blubbering wreck, and it wasn't going far. Her front wheels were pointing in two directions and I suspect there was some drive shaft or even gearbox damage. It was only a 106, so weighed about as much as a fart, and a diesel that had just 70 yards to accelerate from a 15mph junction, but the impact was enough to push the heavy front end of a very heavy C 3-4 feet up a kerb :shock: I suppose we should be thankful nobody was hurt. Can't help but wish she had been slightly though :oops: :evil:

Hopefully you'll just be needing a new hub (plus bearings), wishbone, track rod end and wing there. Can't see if there's any damage at the front of the car from the pics...

Gutted for ya mate. So surprised there wasn't more damage. When I read the 1st post I was expecting a right mess. Fingers crossed it can be put back to normal.

(I would probably demand new ball joint, top mount and probably spring and shock absorbers too, just in case the strut is slightly bent...)

ah, man, that sucks... :(

I hope that it all turns out OK and that she's not too badly damaged and can be repaired quickly, easily and with the least hassle possible... :|

I really do think that there should be a limit on the number of tests you're allowed to take before they just say, "sorry, you're shit, no licence for you..." :wink:

Thanks for all the concern, support and advise guys. I really hope they don't tell me she's dead (economically) as we've been through too much to lose her. :roll: :( :|

Yep, doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. As said above, bit of body shop and probably need all the suspension bits for that side, track rod & rack hopefully ok as the force was outwards rather than 'into' the rack. Sub frame should be ok as its a pretty solid lump. Course we all know about the cost of new vag parts, but shouldn't be a write off by any means from what I can see here.

If it means anything, I got away with needing a new wishbone, ball joints etc, 2 wheels (totalled front left and somewhat bent rear left) and geo after hitting a "breeze block" (never did fnd it after - the police happened by and had a look) at about 75 on the motorway some years back in the valver. Thought I was gonna die :shock: :shock: at the time.

Good luck

Im so sorry to read this David

I'd be as sick asa mintoe if it happened to our pride n joy

I hope its superficial only

I wouldnt let them take it away anyway !

ROy

Everyone's nightmare.

I am 59 and have seen a lot of life. This is too grim when its a posession you cherish. All I can say is do your best to be philosophical about it.

Well, they came to take her away yesterday :cry: and couldn't get her on the lorry. With the front wheels all skewed it kept pushing the ramps aside so they're coming back with a lifter. Tried reversing her on but the front dam scraped :shock: The driver thought he'd cracked it, so they'll be fixing that FOC, but in truth it was already cracked :lol: Oh well, every cloud :roll:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, will definately post pics if we get her back.

Well, good news. We will be getting our C back :-P Took 2 estimates to get approval. The 1st was a basic one for the wing and a few suspension parts which was OK'd, but then they tried fitting the parts and realised the subframe was skewed and had to resubmit. Anyway, it's all approved now and we should get her back by the end of next week. Was near the repairers last night and called in to see her still looking battered and bruised in their compound :cry: Only thing I'll miss when the loaner goes is the heated leather seats 8) Bl00dy great Rover 75 :lol: diesel :roll: automatic :shock: Goes like a sloth, corners like a rowing boat and is about as involving as necrophilia. I can see why ordinary people in ordinary cars crash so much, they're all asleep :lol: Only thing it's good for is keeping the mileage off the Scoob :mrgreen:

I know exactly how you feel. I went through all the same hassle at the start of this year (see my 'write off' thread).

I'd had my C for 10 years also (from new), before somebody rammed me.

It's a complete pain in the behind. Hope it works out.

We got her back :D 8) :lol: :-P :mrgreen:

As good as, well, not new but like she was before :D Will try to get some pics over Crimbo.

May I say thanks to everyone for their support and kind words, have a great Christmas, and best wishes for 2005.

Might treat her to a full respray at the Scoobyclinic in the near future :D