Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Few Camber questions (sorry!)

I've be looking in the bentley manual at the camber angles. It says that the VR6 should have -1 degree 20' at the front and -1 deg 30' at the back. What the smeg is the 20' part? Is that a fraction of a degree?

If it is, there wont be much difference in the camber from the front to the back. For instance would you be able to tell by looking just with your eyes. I also thought my fronts had more camber than the back and now that I've installed the new suspension it wearing the inner side of the tyres at the front. The tyres are not standard size and often bigger tyres do wear on the inside anyway. (FOund that with previous cars with larger than standard wheels/tyres)

I had the tracking done yesterday but I reckon the camber is the problem now. Only thing is, if I change that now, I'm gonna have to get the tracking done again. The cars handle well good so if its only gonna wear a wee bit of the inside tyre I'm not bothered. Also the camber on the front wheels looks the same as what it did before I changed the suspension but my eyes could be deceiving me!!

A pictures of some with 17" wheels of there front wheels showing how much camber it has would be a bonus. I might go and take a picture of mine and post it up.

Might have to bite the bullet and hand £70 to VW to set up the whole car. WIll be needing new tyres shortly so I really want it sorted before I get them.

Cheers

Timo.

You should give Jim a phone and see if he could fit you in for an alignement on the rr day, £47 for ccgb members providing nothings seized.

Not too sure but I think a fraction of a degree is measured in minutes, so theres 60 minutes in each degree. The - means the top leans in more than the front (negative camber).

MMmmm, I thought of doing that before but I would have to get up well early to beat you all to Star P. Probably a bit cheeky anyway.

The front and rear wheels should look to have the same camber then.

Timo.

You should give Jim a phone and see if he could fit you in for an alignement on the rr day, £47 for ccgb members providing nothings seized.

Not too sure but I think a fraction of a degree is measured in minutes, so theres 60 minutes in each degree. The - means the top leans in more than the front (negative camber).

i think star are only doing 1 wheel alignment at the RR day and AFAIK its already been taken

i think star are only doing 1 wheel alignment at the RR day and AFAIK its already been taken

They're putting a Unicycle on the rollers? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: cheeky git...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

The fractions of a Degree are called Minutes.... 8) There are 60 Minutes in a Degree...

Finally got into a fuel station to check the tyre pressures....... whoops :oops: :oops: . I think I should have checked them sooner.

Both fronts were down to 29 psi. Back left was 29 but the back right was 20!!! :shock: Thought it look a bit flat the other day!

I'm sure this hasn't help the wearing of my tyres so I'm now going to see how they behave over the next week or so.

Cheers

Timo. 8)