Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

replaced tranny now car wont start

OK so I replaced the tranny and I turn the key and my engine wont start. it turns over and all but it wont spark. I dont know where my battery goes for the thing to spark. I just need to get some tips about the engine not sparking. what to check where to look to see failure. I have gas inside the engine and I have checked a spark plug to see if it sparks. I got nothing. anyone?

> insert cross dressing joke here

I'd go with vr6storm and say it's probably the gearbox earth strap.

The earth strap was the first thing that came into my mind when I read the title of the thread (after the cross dressing joke :lol: )

But if it was the earth strap the engine wouldn't be turning over at all.

if the earth strap is missing, the engine can still turn over due to the other earth straps on the head and the like, but you may also have then burned out the main earth track on the ECU... seen this done a few times... :|

Personally, I'd check for a broken wire onto the dizzy and make sure that the earths which connect onto the coolant flange bolt on the side of the head are connected properly...

car turns over doesnt spark. checked all fuses nothinbg there, I have rebuilt the ECU previously because of the grounding problem so I know its not that, the car isnt receiving the 12V+ to the ign coil I think I dont know I will check all the earth straps again but I dont know where the problem lies, I have checked all of the ign coil cables and nothing is missing. I removed 1 earth strap on the started but it is still on there.