Sign in to follow this  
Craigs8vgti

Oil Warning Light and Buzzer Going Of Up Hill

Hi Guys

This is doing me head in oil warning light and buzzer going of whille driving uphill the raddo is up to it oil marker on the dipstick what can it be need help please :(

I've fitted new oil preasure switch some time again I wonder if it the oil warning sender breaking down

This problem happens so often, it may be time to make it a `stickie' :wink:

But it seems to be mate, that the white oil sensor is the first port of call when this happens, but if as you say it's been recently changed then it may be the oil pump on it's way out.

A pressure test will tell you for sure.

HTH.

now you have lost me so what you saying is get a oil pressure test to c how the pump is but is there anther sensor behind for warning light could it be that playing up :D

All I'm saying is, when mine was doing exactly the same thing as yours, i changed the little white oil pressure switch that lives on top of the block the oil filter screws up below. (for the life of me I can't think of the correct term for that block :lol: )

But once this small white switch was changed. Problem solved. (I assumed this WAS the thing that controlled the warning buzzer)

If you're sure your white pressure switch is ok, then there must be something else going on: Therefore an oil pressure check would be a good place to start

All I'm saying is, when mine was doing exactly the same thing as yours, i changed the little white oil pressure switch that lives on top of the block the oil filter screws up below. (for the life of me I can't think of the correct term for that block :lol: )

"filter head" ;) 8)

Thank you guys

Well just remebered I took it for a valet and it did not do till after it a been valeted wonder if its water in the wiring oe something like that :(

did they steam clean the engine? betcha that wire's either broken/come off the sensor or they cooked the sensor with the steam! :roll:

The wires get very brittle with age - sometimes it doesn't take much for the connector to come off the end of the wire :wink:

oil pump lives inside the sump... it's not difficult to change, just messy and your arms will think you're being tortured 'cos you'll be working with your arms up for so long... :|

Craigs8vgti, Check your oil & water for cross-contamination. My m8 has a 1.8-16v too & was having similar symtoms to you. Turns out, his headgasket had blown :shock:

Well I end up changing both sensors but the sensor that sits behind the one on oil cooler in niot sure its the right one so goin see what happens

going give baby a service next week end and fit the part to the heater so i think thats goin to be fun :?