Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Question for those with coilovers.

I have installed my koni coilovers since may i used completely new mounts and all components were renewed to late corrado spec and i also got the geometry laser alligned by elite.

The problem since is the car seems to want to go all over the place, although it handles beautifully and grips really well it seems that the steering wants to put up a fight when accelerating or braking.

Also when braking i can feel as if something is rubbing slightly with the body of the car, its hard to explain but its like when you know the feel of braking normally and when there is a slight increase of vibration you can notice it.

Anyone got any suggestions? shall i transfer back to the original mounts?

If it is moving about under acceleration have a look at the front wihbone bushes. I have had the round/rear ones go on a couple of my VWs. They allow the tracking to change as you go on and off the power and the wheel is able to go where ever it likes. Even if you put new bushes in I'd have a look.

Gavin

4-cylinder cars when lowered with 17" wheels tend to "tramline". This gets worse if they are a little nose-down on the suspension settings.

But check the front wishbone and rear axle bushes 1st.

4-cylinder cars when lowered with 17" wheels tend to "tramline". This gets worse if they are a little nose-down on the suspension settings

mine is definately more lower at the front than the rear must.

I'm planning to sort everything out in december before the MOT, thanks for the input guys