Sign in to follow this  
chuck

20VT conversion

Well your not slow .. :p

I understand what your saying.. to be honest i wouldnt try and put that sort of power down at low speeds thats why i use my boost controller..

youve got me thinking now... i normal have a hack around the track a sbd westfield .. i might have to try one of these gti club days instead..

how much is it for the day..???

Andy

Curborough was £15 on the national day, £25 last time. I think Kames was about £25 too.

Bargain! best fun I've ever had in a car.

I'm not far away (he says!) from finishing my corrado project. I'm using the IHI roller bearing turbo and cast manifold from Jabbasport with the Haltech EMS. Should be able to get 360bhp from this setup with the option to expand the bhp out to 400 at a later date.

I too have converted it to 4x4 as 2wd would be a waste of time with 360bhp.

Guys,

How difficult is it to replace a G60 engine with a 20VT and retain the supercharger setup, wouldn't this be a cost effective way of introducing a new engine? LOL Just an idea.

You mean a 20VT with a G-lader?

Yes thats the one take out the old 8V and put in the 20V with the existing Glader dizzy management etc.

Awesome work on the floorpan there. ALthough, after doing a conversion myslef, I can't help but wonder why you cut out all the rear seat area too, when it's only the boot floor you need to change? any reason for that?

I suppose it was just easier to cut around the factory welds. Then place the new floorpan back in the same place. Allowed for better alignment and strength.

I duuno about better alignment, not when yo've cut out the rear cross member where the seat belts bolt in! that's why I left that bit in, no need to cut it out, then weld it back in (and swapping your corrado seat mounts over too :? you're just compromising the alignment of the shell and making uneccessary work for yourself.

Oh well, it's all done now, and it looks GOOD! :D

How for off being on the road in 4wd form is it?