Sign in to follow this  
chuck

20VT conversion

I'm going to be putting my ARY 1.8T engine in the Corrado in the new year (obviously replacing the small K03!), going to be using a 6speed 02M box. Running it on the stock ECU slightly fettled to allow me to play with it. Should be quite a nice little car.

Don't intend to work out a specific budget, but will be making use of contacts to get cheap stuff!

cheers mate its nice to have other peoples views good or bad.(well maybe not bad)

cool another turbo banana :D i work in leeds so not too far from huddersfield 8)

Amy

20vee_t..

Alright Amy ..

I've just finished the magic bracket for the box...

I've done all this work and i didnt even take any pics.. num nut... :D

thats a tidy install i see youve hidden the loom ..

but what managmentyou running ??

nice one ruffy shame about the pics tho :( did the pics i send help at all??

20vturbo - how do you rate the haltech?? we went for a dta and got it mapped at stealth

20vee_t

Yeah they did thanks cheers... if your thinking of a big turbo .. I've got a Atp set up for sale.. I'm going for a MTM manifold and kkk27 turbo .. just as a test...

I'll sort out a good price..

20vee t,its seems good .it was easy enough to wire up and has alot of usefull features,i got it running and had it mappad at jabba sport :D

20v turbo, Nice lookin install there!!! and maybe im being dumb here but....

Where is your power sterin bottle and the washer bottle? :?

@Ruffy

I've got a 20v Corrado almost finished(AGU motor,KO4,S3 injectors and ancillaries,Aquamist,DTA,oil cooler,custom front mount intercooler,chassis mounted O2M 6sp....)but I've also got an MTM S3,just after getting the big turbo upgrade(have to fit it yet)that runs the manifold you mention and a K26 turbo and external wastegate.

Have you actually checked to see if this manifold will fit in a Corrado?The first thing I did was offer it up to see what it was like for room and it doesnt look like it will fit without serious bulkhead(and dash!)mods.

I know the boys in Steath are working on a big turbo Corrado at the mo and they had to chassis mount the motor to get a bit more room for the downpipe.

Check before you buy,that MTM manifold aint cheap 8)

aahhhhh.......... i see it, crafty :wink:

Wouldnt it of been easier to put a slight bend in the pipe and put the washer bottle, back in the same place?

When you say under the wing? is it easy enough to get at?

it is located under the hole in the panel that the old g60 airbox used to sit on so yes it is easy to fill,i also moved it just to give a cleaner finish

VST

Cheers geezers I've just ordered the mtm manifold looks like a I'll have to cancel...

I was running atp manifold and gt30R on my mk1 before I transplanted it to the C it was bit too wild...

As you know there's more than enough room on a mk1.. my brothers done the upgrade to his mk2 20v and found the servo was just fouling the outlet on the turbo .. in turn he's used a smaller motorsport servo which has given the clearance.. As mine has a slave cylinder for the clutch i was hoping to find a set up that cleared it ...

i really like the way the atp set-up gives you a good kick unlike the ihi set-up . which was a rather smooth on delivery.. the only other way i can see of fitting it and keeping the original pedal box , clutch and not converting it to cable is by using VR6 sub-frame.. bringing the engine forward a tad... just don't like the idea moving the engine forward as it would affect the a handling..

What do you intend on doing???

Andy..

Andy,

I'm planning to keep the Ko4 on the Corrado for the time being,reason being is that its a trackday car,so to be honest 270 brake and a chassis capable of handling it is more desireable to me than 350 brake and have a machine only really suitable for sprints.

The K26 and associated bits are going into the S3 in the next week or so,have had the gear for 3 weeks now,just havent had time to even think about fitting it,too busy with customer stuff.

I wouldnt move the engine forward myself,the whole reason I built a Corrado was for the handling,a sorted car with the right chassis mods is capable of embarassing serious cars out on track(my mates 16vG60 has proved this several times)so I'll probably see how it manages the power it has at the moment and take it from there.

As for the S3,no traction issues there! :D

Tom

My mate has a 225 Audi TT lump in his Corrado, built by Stealth (he works there!). He's used DTA management, Rallye Intercooler, and is actually using a Mk3 Golf 16v cable box. Mapped for 265bhp and 298lbs-ft, won sprint class on both days at Inters - 13.5 qtr and 5.1s to 60. :shock: 8)

I know the boys in Steath are working on a big turbo Corrado at the mo and they had to chassis mount the motor to get a bit more room for the downpipe.

Yep, this is the same car. Think he blew the K04 and decdied to go the whole hog ie. uprated pistons, big turbo etc. Should be in the region of 375-400bhp...........although I think traction might be an issue!!!LOL! :wink: :twisted:

To quote Jeremey Clarkson on Top Gear last night. Roughly

"A senior engineer at SAAB once told be that 220BHP is the absolute maximum for a FWD car"

I can't help but agree.

Yeah,

Johnny seems to have quite a thing for blowing up KO4s!

as for 220bhp maximum for FWD...........bollocks....LOL

To quote Jeremey Clarkson on Top Gear last night. Roughly

"A senior engineer at SAAB once told be that 220BHP is the absolute maximum for a FWD car"

I can't help but agree.

yeah i saw that :cry: and god i couldnt get the wheels to stick this morning when that boxster booted it off the round about :evil:

I can't help but agree.

yeah i saw that :cry: and god i couldnt get the wheels to stick this morning when that boxster booted it off the round about :evil:

One word...

Quaife...

cant beat them...

I know, I've got one, well, it's a Peloquin, the US equivalent, but I can still smoke both front wheels in 2nd gear when exiting a corner, with only 207BHP and it'll chrip going into 3rd too.

I raced my mate at York Dragway, he's got a 280BHP 1.8T mk2. I beat him for 95% of the track, he only passed me by a cars length.....

I know, I've got one, well, it's a Peloquin, the US equivalent, but I can still smoke both front wheels in 2nd gear when exiting a corner, with only 207BHP and it'll chrip going into 3rd too.

I've had 210 in my old mk1 .. it wasnt perfect but i wasnt spining the wheels up all the time .. I find with a good suspension set up you can get the power down nicley.. I've had a few words with Maurice reeves and hes pointed me in the right direct.. my old car was dailed..i'm just going to do the same with my c... maybe you need to look at the suspension setup chap .. i dont think you'd be doing the same to some one like Billbrook with only 207 bhp... so has your mate with the mk2 t have a slip diff??? what times are running then .. ??

Andy

Well, I came 3rd at the ClubGTI Scottish National day up at Kames in Muirkirk, and ran 4th fastest time at Curborough last weekend, not too far off Bill Brockbanks times either, only a second or so (if that's what you meant?) so it's no slouch, and there's nothing wrong with the handling, it just has too much torque to put through 2 wheels at low speeds.

I don't think my mate has a fancy diff, it's a stock 02J gearbox I think.

I ran a 13.75@98mph, with a 2.034 60' time. I think his best time of the day was a 13.5 or thereabouts. But my mates ran a 13.4 in a NA 2.0 16v mk2 scirocco.....