Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

Handbrake gaitor

has anyone put a leather handbrake gaitor on their c mines missing the plastic bit n top of the handbrake and ive just seen the momo handbrake handle and gaitor looks well bling just wondered if any one had any tips on putting one on how to attach it securely etc?

Yeah, I'd be interested in this one too, although mine would be to replace the crappy plastic trim on the handbrake.

If its the Momo Pitstop Handle - Don't bother. I bought one a few weeks ago and...........................AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH it didn;t fit as too big to a point where you can;t push your handbrake all the way down. Go to VAG and buy a new handle and plastic cover - works out around £35-40 for the leather handle and plastic gaitor.

I hate the plastic gaitor, it looks so wrong! I'm supprised more people don't change it for something else... if anyone has done anything different I'd also be interested to see :)

What about a Snappy Gaitors leather gaitor?

Available in your choice of colour for the leather and stitching.

Handbrake handle from Trimsport.

Not the best pic. It's from my old 16v.

have you got urls for snappy gaitors and dub designs? cheers guys

I have enquired about the handbrake boot from dub design and got this reply:

Hello, the brake boot is more black then in the picture. I think the

lighting made it look that way. It matches the interior trim very well.

I wouldn't say it's 100% black but it's very close. Shipping would be

about $10 for regular air (2 -3 weeks, no tracking or insurance) or $35

for expresspost (1 week deliver + tracking and insurance).

Regards,

Anh

Dub Design Industries

http://www.dubdesignindustries.com

I've just bought a gaitor off ebay with a carbon fibre grip. Gonna try and fit it this weekend, time depending. Looks nice as a separate unit but it may be something else when its fitted. Will post somepics when its done.

The Hub - my missus bought it for me buit its one by Foliatec, which has a nice quality of leather in the gaitor part of it. There are three handbrake collars for different diameter handbrake pins. However, I'm struggling with getting the handbrake off and I dont really want to wreck the existing leather handle, just in case it doesnt fit! So if anyone has any ideas about this, would be appreciated.

i like the plastic trim.

for the first 2.5 years of owning my car, it had nothing there. the trim was in the glove box. i had no idea how to get the freaking handbrake handle off. then i forgot about it.

but then i read a how to on here, got it off in 5 seconds then fitted the plastic bit the other week!!!

i liked it so much that i kept looking at it whilst driving home from work that day, and very nearly drove into a bus coming the other way. if i fit something nicer than the plastic thing, the temptation to look will be so great that an accident will be odds on.