Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

slight knocking..........

HI all

Theres a slight knocking coming from under my bonnet, i tend to notice it when the car is running but stationery. Kind of sounds like a woman walking in heels?

Anyone got any inspiration for me?

Cheers

What sort of woman are we talking about? need a good picture in my head so I can imagine the walk and work out the sound.

I know the C's suspension is rather high but I'm sure it's too low to walk under. :lol: Sorry about that, couldn't resist.

Sorry can't help ya problem.

You cant say that, coz a big minger in stilettos would make a differnt sound than an athletic type in high heals.

You cant say that, coz a big minger in stilettos would make a differnt sound than an athletic type in high heals.

ok then sounds like an athletic type of woman in high heels :lol:

anyone know what this sound might be then?

Need more info:-

When cold or hot - or all the time?

Clutch in or out?

Does the noise remain constant regardless of revs?

Any other side effects?

Does it do it on the move?

Need more info:-

When cold or hot - or all the time?

Clutch in or out?

Does the noise remain constant regardless of revs?

Any other side effects?

Does it do it on the move?

only noticed it when it is hot and cold, sitting in traffic, with clutch in and out. it may still be there when on the move but i cant hear it over engine if it is

Well it's clearly engine related if it's doing it when stationery in traffic then. I think the best thing to do is hoof up the bonnet and have a listen when parked up. Could be a lazy lifter.

Well it's clearly engine related if it's doing it when stationery in traffic then. I think the best thing to do is hoof up the bonnet and have a listen when parked up. Could be a lazy lifter.

ok, will have a listen asap

i got the corrado back from the bodyshop last night so i took it out for a run today to hear the noise again.

It isnt there all the time. it was not there when i started it up and didnt occur til after about a 20min drive. it started when i just pulled up into a parking space. same knocking noise. Still can only hear it when stationary. it didnt occur much on the way back either.

:roll:

As Kev said, could be a noisy tappet or something like that? Does it increase in speed when you rev the engine or does it go away at all?

It is a ticking noise or a knocking noise??

I reckon its the CC value coming on. It makes a ticking noise that I suppose sounds like someone walking in high heels

Timo.