Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

Right hand drive conversion

All the mounting points for all the parts should be there already so very little fabrication if any is needed. If you are doing LHD to RHD then get your hands on a donor car and just swap everything over (it pays off to get everything in one go).

This is a job I would recommend doing yourself if you are at all mechanically minded as I wouldn't like to imagine what it would cost you to pay someone to do it.

All the mounting points for all the parts should be there already so very little fabrication if any is needed. If you are doing LHD to RHD then get your hands on a donor car and just swap everything over (it pays off to get everything in one go).

This is a job I would recommend doing yourself if you are at all mechanically minded as I wouldn't like to imagine what it would cost you to pay someone to do it.

So is it impossible to convert from lhd to rhd on the same car?

You looking at the VR left hooker on autotrader by any chance?

Thats the 1 Dave mate, you looking at it as well? :wink:

No mate.......I doubt I'll be selling my valver now.

To do this would be really really hard. You'd need to weld in a new bulkead to do it properley.

To do this would be really really hard. You'd need to weld in a new bulkead to do it properley.

Really!

My friend has converted his Golf from RHD to LHD and all the pressings are in place whether the car is RHD or LHD. I imagine this would be the same in a Corrado, after all I very much doubt they would retool depending on whether it is LHD or RHD as it would cost far too much.

So is it impossible to convert from lhd to rhd on the same car?

It is possible, but what I was meaning is that you would need the appropriate rack, fuse box would have to be relocated (unless you were doing a boj job) which means you would need the engine and dash wiring looms, would need some work on the electric windows and other possible difficulties so what I mean is if you buy a donor car you will have everything you possibly could need.

I have a full RHD kit for my LHD golf.

It includes, full wiring looms, for the full car inc doors, power steering rack and pipes, steering colum, dash inc all heater pipes, abs pipework, brake servo, carpets. On the golf mk3/4 cabio the front bulk head bolts out, to swap between LHD and RHD.

Its a huge job, thats why I havent and wont be doing my golf!

Really!

My friend has converted his Golf from RHD to LHD and all the pressings are in place whether the car is RHD or LHD. I imagine this would be the same in a Corrado, after all I very much doubt they would retool depending on whether it is LHD or RHD as it would cost far too much.

Please see pic