Sign in to follow this  
chobbs

New members Storm

Hi all,

New to this site and thought I'd take a looky.

Own a Storm, for the 2nd time.

No mods, all completely standard. Oh I lie. Apart from the light buzzer that's been added...

And these pics are after hours of polishing...

Looks nice m8 but like mine the rear needs lowering, looks like the yellow corrado in PVW a couple of issues ago.

Just like mine but a lot- lot cleaner. What kinda milage. mine has justed past 53K. I see you were a little heavey on the polish to the number plates :lol: and unless i am greatly mistaken, you have protectors on the lights? Where atouts in thames valley are u? going to come to the MK Meet? kieran.

Very nice, I saw a green storm in the Blue Mountain Golf Course car park a while back. I remember thinking how nice it looked, had simple 5 spokes and was a tad lower than standard.

Jesus, the rear arch clearance looks worse than Dinkus' old car!

Looks like a fantastic example though and unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it!) ones that mint are becoming VERY rare.

Just like mine but a lot- lot cleaner. What kinda milage. mine has justed past 53K. I see you were a little heavey on the polish to the number plates :lol: and unless i am greatly mistaken, you have protectors on the lights? Where atouts in thames valley are u? going to come to the MK Meet? kieran.

Very good re: polish...

Mileage is 56k and yes have protectors on headlights and fogs. Fat lot of good that did though, still cracked!

Not as high as that now you'll be pleased to know.

Near (very important word) Basingstoke.

You know the funny thing?

Why is it pretty much always a green Storm that shows up when a new member posts, and not a mystic blue? There seems to be a LOT more of them around.

Looks very very nice and clean though.. welcome to the forum :)

Jim, I've noticed that too.

chobbs, very nice car.

Why oh why did our cars ever leave the factory jacked up :roll:

you do have to wonder what they were thinking when they OK'd the suspension ride height... it is a touch on the ridiculously high side!!!

Why is it pretty much always a green Storm that shows up when a new member posts, and not a mystic blue? There seems to be a LOT more of them around.

What are you getting at Jim? I think I know but maybe it could be like this;

1 Mystic Blue owners are more reserved than Classic Green owners?

2 Mystic Blue owners are more likely to hold onto their cars?

3 Mystic Blue owners are more ugly than Classic Green owners?

(outside shot i know :lol: )

4 Mystic Blue owners cant afford a computer?

5 Mystic Blue Corrado's are fewer cos the reps/company car drivers drove them into the ground?

6 All the valvers "acquired" the black storm interior and badges?

The list is endless. My money is on 5 and 2 respectfully. I would have preferred a Blue Storm but am very happy with my Classic. Could not find a sub 50k Storm for love nor money.

I remember the years after 95 when there were loads of very high milers Mystic Blue Storms for sale at silly money. Could I find a decent one? No they were rep mobiles. Classic green Storms seemed to be a more private purchase and better looked after. I ended up buying the last of the Mk3 Vr6’s new all because I could not bring myself to pay £15k for a 80k+ miler Corrado. Golf Vr6? What a mistake that was!

Just my tupence!

What are you getting at Jim? I think I know but maybe it could be like this;

1 Mystic Blue owners are more reserved than Classic Green owners?

2 Mystic Blue owners are more likely to hold onto their cars?

3 Mystic Blue owners are more ugly than Classic Green owners?

(outside shot i know :lol: )

4 Mystic Blue owners cant afford a computer?

5 Mystic Blue Corrado's are fewer cos the reps/company car drivers drove them into the ground?

6 All the valvers "acquired" the black storm interior and badges?

The list is endless. My money is on 5 and 2 respectfully. I would have preferred a Blue Storm but am very happy with my Classic. Could not find a sub 50k Storm for love nor money.

Just my tupence!

my reckoning is number 3 :lol:

Wasn't getting at anything mate. I don't generally make a habit of trying to hide alternate meanings in my post, even if people sometimes think I do! It really was just a general observation based on my few years posting on here and watching members come and go. Green Storms just seem to come up more often than Blue ones! :)

I have no idea why the Mystic Blue's seem to be less prolific on here.. i'd love to know what the reason is though!

Wasn't getting at anything mate. I don't generally make a habit of trying to hide alternate meanings in my post, even if people sometimes think I do! It really was just a general observation based on my few years posting on here and watching members come and go. Green Storms just seem to come up more often than Blue ones! :)

I have no idea why the Mystic Blue's seem to be less prolific on here.. i'd love to know what the reason is though!

Who in there right mind would sell on a blue storm. :wink:

Nice car chobbs.

Sorry Blue, wasnt trying to get yer back up, Should have put a few smilies in there :p woops :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice Storm you've got there.

My suspension looked like that til a few days ago :D

Nice to see another girly join the forum :D