Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

how do you improve torque?

[align=center] any ideas on how to improve torque on a 2.0 16v 1994 rado? and also - what does a cat bypass improve on? [/align][schild=19 fontcolor=8B0000 shadowcolor=008000 shieldshadow=1]!!more power!![/schild]

Most effective way is probably a super charger.. Dunno if you can fit the G60 to the 2.0 16v, but I know it's possible on the 1.8 16v (even if it's tricky!).

do you know how easy it is to find out the hp and torque of my rado--- can it be done and were do you go to get it done if you can ,,,, ps what about removing the cat - does this doo much?

:help:[schild=19 fontcolor=0000FF shadowcolor=00FFFF shieldshadow=1]!! more torque!![/schild]

check out the events section or subscribe to the yahoo e group there will be a rolling road session at some point near you. Not sure of the locations down south sorry

I doubt you'd notice a change in the power through the removal of the catalyst. They're not half as restrictive as the rumours make out provided they're working properly. It'll have to go back on for the M.O.T. as well - too much grief in my opinion....but that's all it is, my opinion.

How about a VR6 conversion for a quick torque boost?! Maybe "quick" is the wrong word....

i have just had a Supersprint G60 zorst fitted to my 2.0 16v which removes the first box but kept the cat. No real noise difference, which is not a problem, but i did notice it now pulls smoother through the rev range.

if i was to hypertheticly get a turbo , what would i be lo0oking for--- would i need a special one or will any for a 2ltr 16v work? would i need to make a custom manifold ?

ps: "mmmmm roast taties with lamb mmmmm"[schild=19 fontcolor=008000 shadowcolor=0000FF shieldshadow=1] ?? turbo ??[/schild]

i think cheesy would be able to help you there... (least i think he would lol)

I know on 90s 8vs you can use a TDI manifold and turbo.

or you could ask g-man about charging the vavler.... i did and i like the idea but need to do some serious saving!!!! Good for about 300bhp so i was informed. and personal preference i know but they sound better than a turbo.

hmmm... got me intrigued now :D so if a charger will fit straight to a 1.8 16v... what other changes would have to be made to cope with it?

and mistrall... i believe "valver" refers to any 16v corrado rather than the g60 or vr6 ..

so i found out it is a case of 1.9 bottom end with low compression pistons, standard(or could polish) 2.0 top end, G60 charger and then you could run the golf g60 intercooler and anythin else necessary. only thing i'm not aware of is injection system? may ned to be changed to digifant type instead of k-jet. worth talking with darren at g-werks. looking at a good 3k tho!!! :(

whats the cheepest you can get n2o kits for these days - say a 35 bhp kit ---- and were would i get it fitted - im on a tight budget :( can you get them second hand and are they still the same as new as it were for the bhp lol ?[schild=19 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]!!two spoons of suger!![/schild]

My mate has a valver, is going pretty good at the moment

Mods so far

Cams (£250/300?)

4 to 1 stainless exhaust manifold (£250?)

full powerflow exhaust system(£350) (sounds great, i know powerflow rep but if you saw and heard this your fears would go away lol)

and now his knocking out 160bhp.

Sod as he keeps up wit my std g60!

Sad thing is you could almost get a turbo kit for that price or a g60 engine and do a 16v g60.

Why nos? ony last 10 minutes then you get beaten!

yeah i'm definately thinking, big save and do 16v G60 as my mate has a G60 and it has just been to g-werks for stage 4 upgrade and is fantastic! and the sound of a charged dub is amazing!

at the moment the only mod i have is lowerd sports suspention and a powerflow exaust --- they doo raw lol- just about to find out if i have blown my valves or not :(:(:( wish me luck - the man is coming at 2pm today[schild=16 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]{ please please please be ok }[/schild]

If you want a torquey engine, by which I assume you want decent low to mid revs grunt the 16V is not ideal, it is a characteristic of them that they feel a bit flat, but once they rev they can really move. Maybe a G60 Corrado would be the easiest option?? The reviness of mine always makes me grin though. Mine produces a reasonable amount of torque but it peaks at around 5000 rpm.

got my cam belt and tentioner changed yesterday :) the old one was well slack and wasnt firing properlt :( took my girlfreind out in it afterwards and the power increse was great :):):) scared her a little bit lol -well chufed

got my cam belt and tentioner changed yesterday the old one was well slack and wasnt firing properlt took my girlfreind out in it afterwards and the power increse was great scared her a little bit lol -well chufed

Sounds like the timing was out if you noticed an increase in power...