Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Help with ABS fault code

Just got my VAG-COM cable this week off Ebay. Hooked it up tonight and have got this fault code -

00532 supply voltage B+

I've looked up the code and it says 'signal too low'. I cleared the error but it came back again.

I think it may be down to the connector on the ABS unit. I cleaned it a few weeks back and it stayed off for about 2 miles then hit a big bump and the light came on. Had this happen few months previous.

Ta

Dave

I had the same fault code come up on mine and it turned out to be a poor connection on the battery.All i did was clean the terminal's up and now it's fine.

Could be the wiring loom for the ABS, but it could also be the ABS relays being a bit iffy. I believe they're hidden behind the glove box somehow, but I don't know for sure.

Well hopefully swapping that relay will be the end to your seemingly incurable ABS problems Dave.. good luck!

I've come to work with my tool box today so will whip out the dash to get to the relay. Is relay 79 marked up as such?

Yup. Take out the lower shelf and with a torch you can see the three relays up in front of the glove box. They are stiff to get out. If you can, use a non metallic thingy to prise the relay out of its holder ( The relay is live). If you just pull, the whole connector will come out and break the retaining clip. (experiance!!) No problem changing it with the battery connected as long as the ignition is off.

How does the glove box come out? I've removed all screws and it's loose now but there is a lip on the dash that stops it pulling out.

it's a lever out carefully jobbie... prepare to swear and have some plasters handy for the nicks, cuts, bruises and blood blisters that will ensue... :|

The only good news is that it seems to go back IN a damn site easier... :|

BF+I. You sure it needs to come out? I took mine out to check wireing but you should be able to get at the relays with it in situ. Careful with the wire for the light

eh? It's do-able and won't take long, but you WILL catch yourself a couple of times getting it out... Give it a go, it may be easier in your car than it was in mine... 8)

£13.56 + vat & no stock. Just got off the phone. Can I get them from GSF or similar?

Edit - GSF don't do them.

So I ordered a ABS relay and the bloke said there was only one listed for the ABS. Picked it up today and it was the 179 relay not the 79 relay. Fitted it and I've still got the fault code. I tried clearing the code but it keeps coming back.

Have I been given the wrong relay? Are they both for the ABS?

Doh! Yup. The power supply for the whole ABS is the 79 relay, the one you want. The other one is the pump relay and they are different

Nice one mate, was hoping someone would reply quick as am in the car with the laptop and vag-com.

I'll go back tomorrow.

Cheers