Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

G60 blue temp sender

Quick update for you all. VW dropped my car off (complete with scraped lower front spoiler and broken centre tunnel) on Friday. A quick call to Darren at g-werks and I checked over a few things I managed to get the car started. It died after a few seconds but we did better then VW. Darren said to double check everything we looked at and call him back with an update. Roll on Saturday and car not playing ball after changing bts and coil lead.

After looking at the fuse board, I unplugged the ecu fuse relay and put it back in. Car fired up and ran perfectly. So the problem all along appears to be that fuse relay. I think it's a bit dry as the car did cut out and only start after wriggling it for a bit. So it would seem that the problem has been a slightly ropey ecu fuse relay.

I just want to thank everyone for their help with this, especially Darren at g-werks for taking the time over the phone to talk me through a few things. You are a legend mate!

I'll be writing a letter to VW to voice my anger over how they couldn't find the simple problem over 2 days with a senior technician on board.

I WILL NEVER TAKE MY CAR TO A DEALER AGAIN!

I had problems with overfuelling so i replaced my blue(water temp.) sensor and air intake sensor. Still had the same problem tho. Turns out the loop those sensors run on wasn't grounded properly so none of them worked properly. Ran a ground right off the brown wire going into blue sensor to the frame. Error messages went away, no more overfuelling, and car started reading water temp./air temp. properly. If your car starts overfuelling again check your error codes and look if anything is-open or short to ground. Hopefully its good to go now tho.