Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

G60 blue temp sender

Im pretty convinced my blue temp sender is goosed, car is a bitch to start and there is a fair smell of petrol when it does start, idle is also weird. I think the stealer needs to order the senders in but in the mean time will its still be ok to run the car??

Cheers

Ross

im still learning about g60's,but generally its not good to have an engine over fuelling.

can coke up the head,and worse still if its really bad it could cause bore wash and loss of compression.

if you really do have to drive it,i would be keeping the revs a tad higher than normal to try burn as much fuel as you can.

someone please tell me if im talking shit!

neil. :)

I have had problems with the blue sensors from GSF - only lasted 6 months on the Golf and then started overfuelling. I would stick to original VW parts in this case.

The dealers will have these in stock as do GSF...

You can try swapping the blue and black plugs round to isolate the problem (ie check it is the BTS) - I would change them both anyway while your at it (same age and all that)

take the plug off while car is running.. should make a change to the revs... if not then you know its shot

Are these easy to change?? Ie can i do them?? because i think i have the same problem! i get a weird smell of petrol on start up and idle too!

Can some one tell me the GSF Part number??

Thanks in Advance

Rustynuts, There is a minimum 12 month warranty on all parts that we sell - take your sensor back (with the invoice) & they'll give you a new one.

Alternatively, send your faulty one to me & I'll send you a new one. :wink:

Can some one tell me the GSF Part number??
GSF part number is 93494A

seal ring is 17953A

Dead easy to change - just unplug the old one, take it out of the housing & do the reverse with the new one.

I thought I might have a problem with my blue sensor so I swapped the blue and black one over and the car wouldn't idle properley and kept cutting out - so as I understand it this would suggest that the black one is faulty but the temp gauge seems to work fine - any ideas/suggestions/comments?

Cheers,

David.

i think i have the same problem since gettin it back from the tuning garage it really doesnt like to idle when i start it from cold it is hard to start when it does it runs REALLY lumpy and i have to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep it running for about a minute and then it will idle it smells of loads of fuel when im driving her. help!!!

it only does this when it is cold!

oh and i have already changed the blue sensor for a new one and its doing the same thing still............

oh and my temp gauge has stopped workin what sensor is this?will this add to the problem?

cheers guys :D

i think the temp gauge sender is the black one next to the blue one?

Correct and you can swap the plugs over to test if you think ones not working...

i think the temp gauge sender is the black one next to the blue one?

Correct and you can swap the plugs over to test if you think ones not working...

ahh i am learning then :D

dubmad, The black sensor will not affect the running of the engine - it's just for the temp gauge. Which garage have you just got it back from ?

not a happy bunny :mad: :mad: :mad:

just checked the compression of the chambers and its runnin=

4 bar in two and 5.5 in another and 5 in the other not happy not happy at all........ :mad:

Compression on each pot on a G60 should be between 8 and 12 bar with a permissile difference between all cylinders of 3 bar.

Both JimsG60 and my G60 fitted the bill nicely, returning between 10 and 12 bar when we did a little compression check last summer :-)

Tempest

i have checked and the rings are all good i had the head rebuilt and polished so i think the people who did the work on the head havent seated the valves properly so its just waiting to be picked up by them now so hopefully will have her back soon!! will let u guys know whats goin on 8)

Make sure they use a metal head gasket (either OE or one of the kits that we sell) & not one of those nasty paper ones.

I discovered that mine had a paper gasket fitted - when I stripped the engine at xmas .. :?

My G60 has decided to hunt around at idle almost stalling especially when the engine is warmed up. Tonight I disconnected what I think is the blue temp sender but I'm not sure. I've attached a pic below of the (hopefully) blue temp sender.

When this was disconnected the car almost stalled and was idling at really low rpm.

When reconnected, the idle shot up to normal but was still hunting around.

ISV has been cleaned but problem still persists.

Any Ideas?