joebloggsVR69

My Mystic Blue...

Superb looking car (thought it was mine at first :wink: :roll: ) The colour has come out so well and the ride height looks spot on- The highlight is that pic of the front- can't see a single stonechip. Nice

:mad: :mad: :mad: :cry:

Some ar$ehole hit me today... :cry:

Rear bumper paint has come off, nearside rear wing has paint missing...

Dont know if the bumper has actualy been cracked, I'll be amazed if its ok though

Why why why! :cry:

Because Corrado's seem to be damage magnets :( Really sorry to hear about that! :(

When I first saw the white splotch on the back, I thought it was paint (or a large bird turd..)

Then it dawned on me that the bumper had been whacked.

Amazingly, I cant see any panel damage, just paint flaking off the back wing

Probably not much point going through the insurers if the bumper is still intact - I think I've got a £300 excess, so getting the paint fixed will hopefully be cheaper

It happened where I park near work - an industrial estate... :(

I take my MK2 Golf there most days, and have never had any problems with anyone hitting me

No idea if there's any CCTV, I'll ask around tomorrow. I only noticed it when I got home, because I walked up the car from the front, so didnt give it a once over before I left... :mad:

Strange to see damage on the bumper and the wing like that, how do you think it happened?

Absolutely no idea mate.. :(

Paint under the wheel arch lip is flaking - how the hell does that happen when someone has smacked you up the backside? :?

The back tyre looks like its been rubbed too

unlucky mate, with car insurance being so expensive these days no ones gonna leave there details anymore.

I have to disagree there. There's no way I'd cause damage to someone else's car without leaving a contact number. It's what protected NCB is for!

try and get a 2nd panel and bumper.

Someone in work did this too me, went through insurance new bumper from VAG is 550 + VAT + respray. Worked out about 800 quids worth...

Hope you get it sorted. Car looks good.

Andrew

Gutted for you mate. It's hearing about things like this that make me paranoid about parking the C anywhere public at all.

Lovely car, hope you get it sorted quickly.

Sorry to see the damage, looks to me like someone has side swipped it from the front to the rear, hence the marks on the wing and the weird effects on the rear bumper, the bumper looks like it has been bent rearwards and then spung back. Do you see what I'm trying to explain? Wonder it it was a motorbike to be able to catch just the bumper like that.