Sign in to follow this  
ClassicStorm

Turn 2 Induction Kit

All,

I am thinking buying one of these induction kits and would like some feedback from anyone who already has one fitted and running,please?I would like to know how long they take to arrive and whether they are worth the cash?After sales service any good?Does anyone have other suggestions for good kits that come with a heat shield etc...

Cheers

John

i'd just stick a K&N panel filter in the stock box and run cold air to it through the carbon cannister hole... after you move or delete the carbon cannister. not worth the money for an aftermarket 'induction kit' imho... even with a heat shield it sucks in hot air from the engine bay.

How do i stop this water problem when it rains. Water comes in between the bonnet edge and the wing

So how long will it take to arrive?Has anyone had any problems with loss of throttle response and or bhp?I think that this is the dadies piece of kit unless anyone can advise me otherwise...........what is the problem with the installation then Robch - charcoal canister orientated?!

Should get a healhty torque increase as that is one long inlet pipe!

To stop the water getting in the air box, you need to attach some kind of rubber strip inside the inner wing to create a water channel.

Kev

94 VR6

A big thumbs up for the Turn2 kit from me.

Robch bought my kit off me - what were the problems on installation Rob?

I ordered this piece of kit on 24th but still have not received anything in the post,should I be worried?I have emailed them to ask for details but I seem to remember someone referring to their after sales service being sh**!

I also got cold air induction system from TURN2USA... but just a warning their service sucks big time ! :mad:

here u go : http://www.bialy.net/mods/turn2cai/index.htm

//NOBY

I'm sorry that you have not received good service. We're a small company and typically know whats going on all the time. I did remember you had some questions regarding the intake and I thought I'd asnwered them to your satisfaction.

Jim

Just to back Jim up, I think that there customer service was absolutely superb, and a lot of Company's could do with taking note.

Although I did enquire about a possible group-buy on a few things but got no response to a couple of emails :?

VR6 - The installation was hard because of having to relocate the carbon canister. I have a mk3 VR not a C. The fitting for a C is sooo much easier!

And just to comment on the service from Turn2..... I had some questions when I bought the kit from VR6, they were answered within 30 mins of being posted on the Turn2 forum!

Top bit of kit, top service! Well worth investing in! Good throttle response too!

Guys,

Received my kit about a week or so ago,will be fitting it on Saturday I think.Will let you know how I get on...looking forward to the roar and throttle response that has been mentioned earlier!

dazzy - No customs charges as the good people at Turn2, mark the value down as about $25 which falls under the UK customs limit (or IOM customs limit in my case).

I'm not sure where this puts you if the package is lost, as you can hardly have insurance for $200 and a value of $25.

Hopefully Jim will be back to shed a little more light.

I will definitely be buying a second kit when I change insurance company's at the end of the year.

I know how custom charges are very high. We're a small company and am also consumers, so we're always looking for a good deal ourselves.

I typically don't do group buys in the USA because it's not fair to our distributors. I'm in essence stealing the sale away from them. But in this case (not in the USA), we maybe able to work something out - if the admin permits these activities here.

Here are a few installed pics on MK3 VR6's:

caipic_1.jpg

caipic_2.jpg

caipic_4.jpg

caipic_5.jpg

Jim

very nice! do you make a kit that will bolt onto a g-lader and drop through the CC hole like that?

you serious? a cold intake charge is of even more benefit on a forced induction application.. i wouldn't expect the VR6 guys would even notice much of a difference at all (over a high-flow panel filter in the stock box) being naturally aspirated. i know of at least five G60 owners looking for this type of intake right now in canada or the states. i was thinking of having some made up to sell myself. we all just run some ghetto setup that works.. but doesn't look as nice.

maybe its that G60s are far more rare so the market isnt as broad.

I typically don't do group buys in the USA because it's not fair to our distributors. I'm in essence stealing the sale away from them. But in this case (not in the USA), we maybe able to work something out - if the admin permits these activities here.

You are more than welcome to setup a group buy here.

Let me know if you need any assistance.