Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

noise when i turn right

when i turn right(doesnt have to be full lock) i get a rubbery grindy noise like rubber on rubber or rubber on metal anybody experienced this before its drivin me mental. its a 16v corrado by the way

cheers

Ross

done anything to the suspension? - tyre fouling the arch? can't think of much else off top of my head if its 'rubbery'

nope its all standard stuff. had it on the ramp mid-week and check absolutly everythin. there are no rubbing marks anywhere nothing loose and nothing broken. i'm totally stumped the only other thing o can think of is it being the wheel bearing but it doesnt make that noise??????? i'm goin mental

could be your power steering belt needs tightening? Do you feel anything through the steering wheel when it is making the noise?

nah i recently changed the belt and im pretty sure its tight, the noise is definatley commin from passenger side wheel and sometimes when i turn right i can feel something through the steering wheel like a slight grind, it only happens when you turn the wheel to turn when you spin the wheel back i cant feel the grind. I'm going mental aint i?

Just found this thread using the search function!

My car was making a knocking noise when I turned about a month ago but then just stopped so left it.

But today it has started again and is alot worse.

Is knocking lightly all the time but when I turn right it gets very loud.

Could it be a CV joint or steering rack problem??

Check you wheel bearings, even if they aint noisey they can have play. If your wheels aint standard the can be loads closer to the caliper which is what could be grinding or disc and caliper.

Mine made a grinding noise for a bit the dissepeared for a while then came back with avengance and was the bearing making the caliper and wheel rub. Also a top mount could be to blame. Are you lowered at all? drive shafts could be catching in places but would have happened from day one or an anti roll bar link could have come loose I have had that happen and it hit the drive shaft.

Good luck

Rich

Jon yes a slight vibration.

Richie thanks will check those things tomorrow. Yes mine is lowered on Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks and JOM caps.

Reason i say that GF's valver did the same for a while slight vibration and it went a way for a while and then came back - turned out to be CV joint. As with most things though could be a number of things!

ADZ, did changing the CV joint cure the problem? Seem to be having the same issue with mine at the moment. Recently changed bushes, top mounts, tie-rods, wishbones & ball joints but still making a grinding/creaking noise.