Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Creative Zen Micro Vs Panasonic Headunit ****UPDATED****

Audiosupreme, henny is a broadcasting engineer but the likelyhood of getting caught is very remote imo, the signal wont cary that far

you can get home versions of the car kit which sends a signal to radios around the house

ANYTHING which freely transmits on a frequency which can be picked up by domestic car radios is illegal within the UK, no matter how low power it may be, unless you have a suitable licence to cover its use.

The only way that you can make a device appear on a radio frequency is to put in a modulator into the aerial cable so that you're not transmitting the signal, mearly injecting it straight into the back of your car radio.

(I'm a broadcast engineer by trade.*edit* and one who appears to type slowly today! :lol: )

LOTS of things that are fun are illegal in this country... doesn't mean that we don't all do some of them... ;) :twisted: (being drunk in public is illegal for example!)

Anyway, yup, you're unlikely to get caught if the unit is very low power, but the problem is that some of these units are of a higher transmission power than they may appear due to being cheap and slightly uncalibrated and it'll only take one person to complain to Ofcom to see you slapped with a large fine. I'm not saying it's gonna happen (it probably won't) but I wanted to make sure that people know that the possibility is there... 8)

i didnt kno it was ileegal sorry ppl for promoting such a product...but it does work really well though and u can unplug it and plug it into another car in seconds very flexible and useful :lol:

funny how my car doesnt actually pick up any radio stations, but work brilliantly without fault picking up the zen

why are all the good things illegal,, i think we pay enough tax and ball-locks to do wat we like

The Brov in law has a video sender he can broadcast to the whole street :dorky: :norty:

anyway we used to get radio 4 if we ran out lots of XLR cable on OB's working for an ILR station,we always used to Joke,

it was the original owner of the cable having 'touched' us with thier presence,

not that we nicked much when sharing OB's with the Beeb just always was one or two cables that always pulled in a beeb signal with the transmitter being closeish.

we couldnt broadcast near a mast who can compete with kw's of power :-)

I can compete with KWs of power... 'cos one of my TXs has several KWs of power! :lol: :twisted:

anyway, :oops: enough :offtopic: :lol: