Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Chrome Interior Bits

Ok.

On my last Corrado ('91 16v) I had black leather, black carpet, black dash.

Made it a bit dull so I brightened it up with chrome handbrake cover, gearknob, door handles and door lock pins. Nothing Chavy. :)

All from Trimsport.

Quite fancy doing the same to my VR6.

Gearknob's sorted. Reiger Illuminated Shifter and Boot

Anyone know where I can get chromed interior door handles?

Which handbrake handles fit?

Who sells nice looking door pins.

I'm going to get a nice Momo wheel but unsure of which one to go for?

I'll be fitting a Snap Off boss. Are these easy enough to fit?

MikeVR6, Chromed door handles are often on ebay, and can be purchased fro mthe main dealers to i think from a later golf.

Door pins... remove them and fit blue LEDs.

Yep, I've just ordered those handles and the guy is very helpful, great to deal with. First thought they were chrome coated plastic but they are apparently metal (steel probably) Will let you know how they look when they arrive.

Door lock pins - I got a set also from Ebay, which were plastic, but chromed and dont look too bad - they're quite widely available for about a fiver. They're still in their box as I alos got some alloy ones which I prefer (fitted to the car at the mo) but the the plastic lock surround now looks really crap. Will try and get some alloy ones machined in the summer to match. BTW I've got a beige leather interior.

snap off kit really easy to do about 15 min job max, momo have just released a new millenium steering wheel it looks well nice :D

You can also get the chrome or brushed effect twisty heater dials if you have the late style interior. Trimsport do em i think

Thanks chaps.

Not so keen on the heater controls. Bit too bling for me.

Trimsport told me the Mk3 door handles wouldn't fit :(

Anyone recommend a cheap supplier for Momo stuff?

suprisingly Halfords (well, ripspeed anyways) are actually pretty good price wise on Momo stuff... 8)

Mike, I've got some polished Stainless seat height adjuster handles if your interested. Pic in my gallery.

I dint think mk3 golf handles fitted Corrado's

That advert says for Corrado's 89 - 95, I thought the earlier Corrado's used different handles then the later ones, so someones gonna be dissapointed.

Still havent seen any later metal Corrado handles for sale anywhere.

suprisingly Halfords (well, ripspeed anyways) are actually pretty good price wise on Momo stuff...

Yep, just bought the 'Tuner' steering wheel for £63.99 and got a free £10 voucher!

I dint think mk3 golf handles fitted Corrado's

Too right mate - they dont. I've got a 94 VR and these had a slightly different hinge area. I dont know if they would fit the earlier style handles though. They were very well made and finished - p***es me off even more.

Early handles (on mine anyway) are a different shape than those Golf handles! Sorry boss!

Sure just stick them back on E-Bay!

how about at chrome Karmann badge for the gear stick surround. its easy to do. all you do is peal the black bit off and your left with a nice shinny karmann badge. not a lot of people know that

If you look at the new Fraud Focus, all the alloy stuff inside is painted plastic. You have to lokk really close though its done so well. Someone must be selling this paint somewhere.

Guys those handles are just off a mk3.5 cab, they are only £7 each from VW but do not fit the Corrado anyway!

Good upgrade for a mk3 Golf tho...

Guys those handles are just off a mk3.5 cab, they are only £7 each from VW but do not fit the Corrado anyway!

Good upgrade for a mk3 Golf tho...

The early Corrado interior uses mk2 golf door handles, these were also used on the pre 1988 Passat which has chrome handles on the GL5 model front and rear doors, so find a Passat GL5 in a scrappy and bag yourself two sets!

David.

The early Corrado interior uses mk2 golf door handles, these were also used on the pre 1988 Passat which has chrome handles on the GL5 model front and rear doors, so find a Passat GL5 in a scrappy and bag yourself two sets!

Cheers for that David, might see if I can get a pair of new ones!

Cheers for that David, might see if I can get a pair of new ones!

would these also fit a later C? And Bally, which ones did you get?

I got my set from trimsport last year, they said probably wouldn't fit as I had early interior, but there was no issues at all, £18 delivered and adds a nice touch !

Cheers,

BigEastSideTartanTimmehG60

how about at chrome Karmann badge for the gear stick surround. its easy to do. all you do is peal the black bit off and your left with a nice shinny karmann badge. not a lot of people know that

Mine actually fell off.......thought it looked quite nice...so I left it off.......might have to use the black part that come off somewhere else in the car.