Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Clifford-Net: extending lock pulse

For some reason, when I had the climate control, I lost the 'auto-close' feature on my windows which came from my Clifford Concept 300 alarm.

I've now got CliffordNet 2.2, the cable, a handy entender for the port in the glove-box - but I can't for the life of me work out how to get it working again.

Basically, I need to extend the lock-pulse to 30 seconds, so the windows and sunroof get the power to close. At the moment its about 5 seconds, so my window goes up a bit then stops.

Anyone who's used this software know where to go?

Can't find it in the software anywhere...

Andi - as you got the Clifford alarm fitted to your motor, don't you have a lifetime warranty on the alarm - ie get in touch with your fitter and get him to come out and fix it? :)

You could just tell him it stopped working (which it did) and get him to have a butchers and sort it out?

I've spoken to him on the phone, and he's willing to fix it - its just finding the time when I'm off and he's not busy - being one of the most reputable alarm companies in the South East, he is a very busy chap! He's happy for me to tinkle with it.

Just wanted to do it myself really! Gotta do something on my days off ;)

h100vw, do you mean to me, or for me to ring my fitters?

I meant to the fitter mate, as I haven't got a Scooby. :oops: Get the info off your man and do it yourself.

Gavin

I was lead to believe there were two versions of CliffNet - one for installers and one for end user. I may be wrong, however.

Andi you need the pro version to set the lock pulse. you should only need 15 seconds to close the windows, not sure about the sunroof though cos i ant got one!!

It'd need to be up to at least 20 seconds Nige as the sunroof when fully open can take a good 5 or or so seconds to close..

Ah-ha - that would make sense.

Ta' peeps.

And the installer told me 30 secs is good for Corrados.

He did learn how to be an Auto-Electrician on Corrados, so... ;)

That's funny, on my Clifford alarm because of the negative earth on the full closure module I had to wire up an in-line relay to do the closure.

Be warned you could end up burning out motors if you give an excessive pulse.

If it was working your original fitter - (was it sounds alarming?) may have installed a relay, Jay may have knocked this connection when he had bits of the dash out, as I doubt he would have disconnected the battery or anything else alarm related.

It does start the full closure though - only goes for 2 seconds then stops though - so hopefully its just the pulse that needs altering.

I'll try different timings to make sure I don't burn it out.

And yes, it was Sounds Alarming.

Jay swears he didn't touch any alarm stuff, so I'll find out when I get CNPro..

Got this exact same problem with my CodeAlarm system in my Grey G60... windows start to move and then stop...

Definately the pulse length that needs extending Andi... 8)

CliffNet Pro will only extend the lock-pulse to 3 seconds, not the 20-odd I need for both windows roll up.

So, either there's a newer version than 1.2 I have acquired will can extend this, or I have something up with the wiring to the closure system.

There is an accessory time delay - which was set at 20 seconds - but this seems to be ignored, so the windows are only working off the lock pulse.

Hopefully the fitters can squeeze me in this arvo for a butchers.