Sign in to follow this  
dnac

MPG comparison

Hi hope you can help, I am trying to find out the MPG figures for the 1.8 16v, G60 and 2.0 16v rado's so that I can make a decision on which model to go for. I have searched on the site but cannot find any real comparisons. Can somebody please help.

Thanks

I've got a 2l 16v...........

I am averaging 20mpg doing short hops

This is all quite subjective, the figures above are according to the on board computer, and depends how heavy your right shoe is........mine is quite heavy!

When choosing a model, dont just judge on petrol alone! insurance, power and condition all need to be considered. Thats why I got my valver, good performance with an affordable premium this year. Next year will be looking out for some more horses though!

It depends on what type of condition Rado your looking at too, when deciding on what model. For example, I bought a 90k 2.0 16v knowing with good history and was fairly confident the extra was worth it.

However, there are a number of people, more mechanically minded than me, who would sooner get the confidence from buying a "project" car replacing many components themselves - therefore knowing the state of their car more thoroughly.

Good luck

Lippy

When choosing a model, dont just judge on petrol alone! insurance, power and condition all need to be considered. Thats why I got my valver, good performance with an affordable premium this year. Next year will be looking out for some more horses though!

Suprisingly I got some quotes form Elephant.co.uk and there is no difference between them on insurance, all £300 per year using my 2nd car 2years NCD

From personal experience:

G60- short journeys: 20-25mpg, long journeys: 33-38mpg

2.016v- short: 25mpg, long 34-40mpg (got figures like these on both my valvers, although my first one was a little more economical than the second).

You should get cheaper ins quotes for the 1.816v as it's gp 15. G60, 2.016v and 2.08v are gp 17. VR6 gp 18 and Storms are usually 19!

HTH

1.8 16V and 2.0 16V consumption figures are pretty much identical, as are power, acceleration and top speed...

G60 is faster on top end and much quicker on acceleration. However, they drink a little bit more fuel than the valvers on the urban cycle due to having to power the charger and not getting any gain from it when in traffic... On a motorway journey you'll probably get only 1 or 2 mpg less from a G60 though...

(These are all for standard, unmodified cars, modding the engines will cause the cars to use more fuel though...)

If you're only bothered about which will give you the best MPG figures, you're probably better off with an 2.0 8V (if you can find one!) which should give you much better figures 'cos they're supposed to have just about sod all get up and go compared with the rest of the range!

I get 6.6mpg from my VR in the mornings, LOL! Sorry, irrelevant to the thread....but the best of the myriad of MK2 16Vs I had used to return 36mpg at a steady 75mph...and that was the turbo'd valver!!

it does depend on what you want the car for.. i have a 2.0 8v and i get an average of 31mpg ..i use the car for work and do alot of millage so i suits me but it is UNDER powered in my opinion so if your into street racing choose the g60!

I changed from 1.8 16v to a vr 2 weeks after i had just renewed my policy with elephant and only had to pay an extra £32..... i had to get them to double check it, i was expecting much worse!!

I get more MPG in the VR than the valver, such different cars to drive.... worth a thought

The MFA isn't gospel and is thrown out if you do any mods as well. However, my slightly breathed on G60 does about 10mpg round town but will reach the heady heights of about 22mpg on a motorway run. It is running a Jabba chip though which I am led to believe runs a bit rich. Also, the fact it's only a 12 gallon tank means I only get about 200 miles from a tank! Not exactly a tree huggers car! :D

I changed from 1.8 16v to a vr 2 weeks after i had just renewed my policy with elephant and only had to pay an extra £32..... i had to get them to double check it, i was expecting much worse!!

I get more MPG in the VR than the valver, such different cars to drive.... worth a thought

i had similar quotes when i was going to upgrade to a g60 or a v6, like you shortly after renewal on my 2l 16v. Its the the following year when the swines will raise it! :x

Its the the following year when the swines will raise it!

yeah, have to admit that is a worry of mine!! :roll:

Well.. using my G60 as an example.

Morning crawl to work in traffic - anywhere from 16-22MPG average (sob) - drive across the city on A roads 22-27MPG depending on traffic - good drive on the motorway 27-30MPG.

I've recently refitted my airbox snorkel and moved something in the airbox which suddenly seems to have made my MPG figures accurate.. before I would regularly record figures which didnt tally up at all, but now I am seeing the horrible truth and its not entirely pretty! :)

If you're deciding which Corrado to buy on the basis of fuel consumption, you're looking at buying the wrong car....

Yup, mind you the G60 is pretty unique in the sense that it will use alot if you drive constantly on WOT but if you drive it off boost it will be comparable to an NA 8v...

I need something thats not too bad cause I need it for work every day (14mile round trip), but then something that is real fun at the weekends. Between 20 and 30 doesn't sound too bad, cause my 20v Turbo passat doesn't return much better than that anyway.

i get 16mpg around town and 20 - 22 on a run, this is with conservitive driving, i can get it down to 10mpg

That's crazy stu!

I get about 24/25mpg when giving it some, if I cruise on the motorway at about 70, I can see 30-33mpg. As soon as you start hitting 80mph+ it will quickly drop to about 25ish mpg

got J-DUB down to WAY under 15MPG too... That was thrashing the knackers off her on an air strip though... 8) :lol:

i get around 12-14 mpg on a quick run! :cry: and about 18 mpg on a long run but she is running a little wrong at the mo :cry: :cry:

Does anyone know what a VR6 would return MPG wise?

i get around 21-23mpg round town and 33-34-ish at a steady 75-80mph........the schrick hasn't seemed to change that if at all too

Does anyone know what a VR6 would return MPG wise?

Better then most of these G60's are giving.

Mine will do low 20s around town, high 20s out of town and had 35.5mpg as my all time highest.