Sign in to follow this  
Jimjam

ETKA

Where do you get ETKA from?

I have found a site that sells it here, but just want to find out if anybody knows of a better place to get it?

Technically, only VW dealerships and traders that pay a very large fee are allowed to get hold of the ETKA parts system.

There are some pirated copies around, of which I'd imagine that is one.

I assume that site is related to the one that used to host ETKA online - VW are on the trail & it keeps getting shut down.

If you know your dealers really really well they give you all they're old copies :D They get a cd rom update every month, usually the old copies just go in the bin but my mate there now gives them to me :D

If you know your dealers really really well they give you all they're old copies :D They get a cd rom update every month, usually the old copies just go in the bin but my mate there now gives them to me :D

Any chance of getting one of the cd's off you?

Yeah I should think so! I ve only got the latest copy though as I gave my mate the other one I had.

Has anyone else got the TIS (Technical Information System) cd rom . I ve got a copy coming and it looks like it could be 10 times better than the bentley manual which is rubbish!

Sorry to jump in all, but do any of you know how to apply the downloadable updates to ETKA? I have version 6.31 which claims to have up to update 512, and a bunch of updates with higher numbers. I've done my best with the info I've found on t'internet but haven't got it to work yet.

Cheers for any help,

--

Olly

Has anyone else got the TIS (Technical Information System) cd rom . I ve got a copy coming and it looks like it could be 10 times better than the bentley manual which is rubbish!

I've got it...I'm completely underwhelmed by it!

andy, do you also have Bentley? If so, comparison? Which is better? BTW, you have PM.

Guys, Please DO NOT advertise illegal copies of any CDrom media on this forum.

The Corrado Forum cannot appear to condone piracy and if anyone starts offering copies then their post will be deleted and a PM warning will be sent to them...

I know nobody has yet offered to sell/swap copies but I wanted to point this out before anyone did... 8)

Thanks.