Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

silly insurance???

on the lines of insurance,

If I say that I drive my car for under 5k miles a year and I exceed that amount by a small bit, how do they know that I have done so?

Cheers

Alan

i think it'd only come into play if you had an accident. I had to declare my milage when I applied for my insurance, so if i said i do 5k miles a year and 3 months later I crash and I've done 4k...they may well contest it unless I can prove I wasnt planning to drive the car for most of the rest of the year! beleive me, they'll do anything to get out of paying up.

I've heard in the past (not sure how true) that the whole thing over where you park your car at night, garage, drive, road etc actually makes very little difference to your policy, but if the car gets stolen from the road at night and you said it would be in the garage mr insurance will try and wriggle out of it!

has anyone got insurance with,or heard anything about master quoate?

im 26 with9 years no claims and on my standard vr6 fully comp with protected no claims they have quoted £352. privelage who im with allready want £523 and thats with a £650 excess.

Think i might be swapping.

Worth speaking to Adrian Flux because they will basically match any quote from Brentacre AND if you are insuring a modded car, their policy is to match all of your mods PART FOR PART when reimbursing you on a payout if your car is nicked or written off!

I went with elephant cos they beat all competition but i was a little wary having heard rumours of problems if it came to claim time. But then my dad went with elephant on his SL Merc and drove it into two parked cars and though a minor incident it caused a shit load of damage - they paid out with no hesitation whatsoever - v impressed (and suprised)

elephant quoted about £500 for me,Infact thats pretty much the amount

everyone is quoting apart from this master quote place at£352 which does seem pretty chaep to me or maybe im just getting old now!

I've just rang my insurance (Chris Knott) to see how much to change my policy for a vr6 (instead of 16v). My policy ends at the end of September and they want £95 extra. Not too bad I thought. They then told me that my renewal quote will be £780. (I originally paid £420 for 16v). Think when it comes to renewal time, I will have to ring around. After reading this thread I will be trying Flux, Elephant, Brentacre & HIC.

Did anything ever come of that HIC bloke that posted about a discount?

Did anything ever come of that HIC bloke that posted about a discount?

Andi emailed him and he never replied so I sent one yesterday also but not heard anything yet...

I had my last VR with Elephant when I was 24 with 3 yrs NCB, £550 FC.

Im now with Admiral, and they dropped the price by £50 from my 200sx to £450 FC protected.

I also found that if you add a woman as a named driver (even your mum, I know she wont drive it :D ) it lowers the premium. If you do the quote on elephant or admirals website, do it without a woman, then with, watch the pounds fall off!!!!