Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Jim, dunno why, but that sounded very camp! Hairdresser talk! :lol: Cut 'n' blow dry? :lol:

Well, I got my nightmare locking wheel nuts removed by a local tyre place. Fitted my new rims, with nice new rubber on the front (Toyo Proxes T1-S).

Well decided to start changing lower wishbones. Dreaded vertical bolt came out no problems , horizontal one ( behind sump) an absolute ba*******d. Ended up angle grinding through wishbone, splitting around bush and pealing off rubber.Centre steel bush corroded onto bolt.Angle grinder and dremel got spacer off. Bolt stll a b******r to remove but out without stripping threads or breaking bolt. Just need to visit VW tomorrow to get new bolts, then i can start the other side.Spent rest of day cleaning and painting calipers Just to think we only bought this for a family run around the joys of the Corrado.

By the way anyone else found the tube missing around the vertical bolt when they stripped down? this has full VW history and has covered 125K so someones not been doing the job correctly

Well decided to start changing lower wishbones. Dreaded vertical bolt came out no problems , horizontal one ( behind sump) an absolute ba*******d. Ended up angle grinding through wishbone, splitting around bush and pealing off rubber.Centre steel bush corroded onto bolt.Angle grinder and dremel got spacer off. Bolt stll a b******r to remove but out without stripping threads or breaking bolt. Just need to visit VW tomorrow to get new bolts, then i can start the other side.Spent rest of day cleaning and painting calipers Just to think we only bought this for a family run around the joys of the Corrado.

By the way anyone else found the tube missing around the vertical bolt when they stripped down? this has full VW history and has covered 125K so someones not been doing the job correctly

IIRC, the replacement wishbones that have the bushes already in place have a metal insert in both horizontal and vertical bushes... I don't think that you need the additional longer loose metal sleeve inside the vertical bush that gets crushed into contact with both bolt and bush liner, unlike a Mk2 Golf. Or, of course, I could be talking rubbish :( at which point someone will no doubt point that out :roll: :)

No, you're right bro.

VAG wishbones have a metal sleeve bonded into the vertical rubber bush.

Pattern parts come with a separate sleeve which you put in yourself and it crushes as you tighten up the bolt :thumb right:

Interseting both the wishbone have taken off and the new one have bonded bushes but was supplied the tubes with the new one. Both ID's look the same on the bush should i fit ?

Interseting both the wishbone have taken off and the new one have bonded bushes but was supplied the tubes with the new one. Both ID's look the same on the bush should i fit ?

As the replacement bushes have metal tubes bonded into both bushes, don't use the additional sleeves - they're not necessary and will make torqueing the vertical bolts MUCH harder than it already is (which is pretty hard unless you have air tools and a proper ramp)!

:offtopic1: Oops, sorry mods, got a bit carried away with this... Geoffb, do you have a Member's Gallery thread?

Thanks , will not fit, yes have ramp but no air tools im afraid. No dont have members gallery thread what is this?

Thanks for the quick reply, as said car is just the family run around, might change as expensive to put my son on (for when i need my company car back off him!!)

Thanks , will not fit, yes have ramp but no air tools im afraid. No dont have members gallery thread what is this?

Thanks for the quick reply, as said car is just the family run around, might change as expensive to put my son on (for when i need my company car back off him!!)

You have PM. Get yourself a thread started there, and show us some pics! :thumb right:

Took off the exhaust hangers on the centre section which were knackered, really stretched and exhaust was about 2 inches from the floor. Replaced with one that I bought from halfords (who had sweet f.a. in stock) which is a temporary measure, is not the correct hanger so still hanging low but safely. Will purchase some new ones tomorrow from the car parts place near work, was off ill today lol! But I seriously am ill so I doubt todays efforts will contribute much to my recovery....

Lee

Changed the oil, filter, spark plugs, HT leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm on the G60.

Still on its factory rotor arm and dizzy cap! I suspect the HT leads are the original ones too, not bad for 17 years old.

Swapped out the other two rubber fuel lines in the engine bay with OE parts. The pressure switch hose had previously been 'trimmed' at both ends and refitted, so it wasn't too bad, but the original '91 hose to the fuel rail was a bit dodgy... :roll:

Fuel Send Hose at Junction.jpg[/attachment:1in4kpxm]

Hopefully that will be the last of the I-can't-put-my-heater-on-in-the-winter-mornings-because-I'll-throw-up-from-the-petrol-fumes scenario :lol:

[Edit: new fuel pipes have sorted the petrol smell in the mornings :D ]

Helped boost monkey remove his carpets (yes, the full 'seats out' version) and clean them, plus deleted most of my remaining carbon canister hardware, just have to find an elegant way to plug the vacuum line on the front of the inlet manifold, and also insert a thermometer into the larger port on the rear of the throttle body...

[Edit: pic added]

Carpet Wash.jpg[/attachment:103dwbjw]

Yeah, did that ^^ (where's the pic, bro?), fixed my bonnet catch and worked out that I have a Powerflow exhaust! :shock: Apparently my oval tailpipe looked non-OEM to Prodigal... *shrugs* :?

Picking up my replacement KR engine today on 83k! Don't actually need it now as we got the Corrado going, but will keep and rebuild it...high comp or low comp though? :lol:

:shock: that's a 20 isn't it? or at least a 20v cover?

love the manifolds :D

Feck knows, just looks friggin awesome :lol:

LOL!!

reminds me, I got a sneaky pic of the engine dynos at work on my phone. It's kinda prohibited to first years (but I know so much! not fair :( ) so i'll sling those up...

:offtopic1:

fitted sns 5.5, :)

Tried to fit bbm rsr but hose wont go on grrrrrr!! :(

also tried to fit the 68mm pulley i got offa fleabay but it's wobbley as feck hole in center about 1mm to big. :( call to g-werks on monday me thinks