Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Picked up boost monkey's spare KR from Swindon, and manhandled it with him and the missus out of the 4x4 and down the narrow passage to the back of the house on a 2-ton engine crane.

Width of crane: 100cm.

Width of gates: 85cm.

Number of times had to put engine down and move crane past an obstacle: 3.

Total time taken 1h 45m.

Knackered, but glad it's done :roll:

Gave the nugget a wash then another coat of wax.

Sorted out the A-pillar trims that were not refitted properly after the alarm was fitted (alarm fitted before I bought it)

Then took the clock surround off and attached some new sticky back felt in a few spots to stop it squeaking.

Friday night: Washed it, but had the water freeze before I could dry it. Then took pics.

Saturday: Relayed my headlights, then put a new ECU chip in it. My MFA died.

Sunday: Fixed my MFA, then drove back to school.

Installed new Bosch W6DPO spark plugs. Was previously using triple-electrode NGK sparks with a mahoooosive spark gap :oops:

Old plugs looked fine, but glad to have 'proper' plugs for peace of mind :wink:

Took the car out for a quick test drive, all fine (as expected!)

Noted the date, will check them again in 3 years time... :)

This weekend I:

* Washed it.

* Fitted aero wipers - much nicer!

* Fitted new heater blower motor. Annoyingly, it's louder than my old squeaky one! Makes a right racket, serves me right for buying GSF. Ordered a VAG one from the stealership today (£55!)

* Fitted my new Autostyle mats with G60 embroidery - total sex!

* Lubed my charger (ooer mrs)

* Went on a rattle hunt. The end of my indicator stalk was rattling at a particular RPM, sticky felt on the back sorted that. Also put new sticky felt round the boot trim panel and discovered my parcel shelf isn't sitting snug into each end, so pushed it down by hand before closing the boot, another rattle sorted!

This weekend I:

* Washed it.

* Fitted aero wipers - much nicer!

* Fitted new heater blower motor. Annoyingly, it's louder than my old squeaky one! Makes a right racket, serves me right for buying GSF. Ordered a VAG one from the stealership today (£55!)

* Fitted my new Autostyle mats with G60 embroidery - total sex!

* Lubed my charger (ooer mrs)

* Went on a rattle hunt. The end of my indicator stalk was rattling at a particular RPM, sticky felt on the back sorted that. Also put new sticky felt round the boot trim panel and discovered my parcel shelf isn't sitting snug into each end, so pushed it down by hand before closing the boot, another rattle sorted!

The parcel shelf rattle may be due to missing foam buffer pads.

You should have 2 x foam buffer about 5cm x 5cm x 5cm that stick onto 2 recesses on the boat trim panel. You should find another 2 that are about 5cm x 5cm x 3cm that stick on the rear shelf supports just in front of where the shelf clips in. Oh and the shelf clips (on the shelf) should have a rubber 'boot' over them as well.

over the last few days I have......

4 new tyres, wheel balance etc

new pads/discs/calipers

been to garage about 5 times

New handbrake cable (I broke it)

Taken off the rusty bit under the spoiler to prime and respray (wheel arch next)

Hubby has broken the spoiler!!

Still to come are tracking (way out, hence new tyres), but not until fitted new wishbone bushes...........is it best to fit poly bushes or not??

oh and a wheel bearing as well, bank account looking very grim this week!! :(

Helped boost monkey remove his carpets (yes, the full 'seats out' version) and clean them:

Carpet Wash.jpg[/attachment:1394g8oc]

Wax on, wax off.

I'm glad your camera didn't break, my left hand was approaching Mach 5 8)

Got My Spoiler Sorted, It Now Works.........Hurrah!

Unforntunatley my car bit me in the process and my hand now really hurts :(

Got My Spoiler Sorted, It Now Works.........Hurrah!

Unforntunatley my car bit me in the process and my hand now really hurts :(

:rofl:

I stripped and cleaned front coilovers in a frozen puddle :( - rears next weekend

'twere the bros and a foregone conclusion obviously! :lol:

His G has more torque in 5th than mine does in 3rd :shock:

I reckon I was at 4000rpm in 3rd (~50ish) and he was in 5th at 50ish (2000rpm?) so i'm sitting on ~120lbft and he must have been 130+lbft as he pulled almost one car length on me, then i changed to 4th and he was gone.

I actually thought he was in 4th, but it was 5th.... insane...

8) Just bought 4 brand new 9x16 Borbet A`s for my G60, Decided to go collect them too to stop any potential damage caused by our postal service!

They are awesome rimmage 8)

next on ze list.............some coilovers :D & bit of paint and the G60 number plate 8)

Day off work, Bentley's manual, spanners, screwdriver and the need for more boot space:-

BEFORE

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfBootBefore.JPG[/attachment:2j7i9o27]

AFTER

BootAfter.JPG[/attachment:2j7i9o27]

Garage a bit gloomy so used an inspection lamp attached to the car battery. Not driven the C in a few weeks. Yep, battery flat after my handywork, so still waiting to hear what it sounds like and if bearable?! :(

Also struggling to get the top bolts out of the rear seat belt winder mechanism units. So far, Bolts 2 - My knuckles 0. :(

Ended up putting the spare wheel back in as my C's arse was sticking up in the air after taking everything out. :shock:

Nice and simple job this afternoon, all wheels off, arches cleaned out, rear silencer polished, inner rims all cleaned up, wheels bolts greased and everything put back on - no grazed knuckles, nothing to go wrong, in fact, almost a pleasure :lol:

Took off rocker cover, Cleaned it and painted black. looks much better than the flacky silver look I had going on before :lol: :lol:

Received my debadged grille from Jez, and swapped the OE part out.

Looks a bit weird now due to mismatched wings/bonnet colour, more pikey than I'd like with that grille... Rather than looking like a stock car with a donor bonnet, it looks like it's meant to be ratty :( :roll:

Thinking about getting the new grille painted along with the other bits, reckon a body-coloured grille will look nice. Have booked it in for paint in March when I'll be in the States... :)

TBH Andy, think colour-coding only works on darker cars (IMHO). On lighter cars, reckon you need a bit of black on the grille, rear number plate panel etc to break up the colour...

TBH Andy, think colour-coding only works on darker cars (IMHO). On lighter cars, reckon you need a bit of black on the grille, rear number plate panel etc to break up the colour...

Hmmm, you could be right, and it's quite hard to visualise with the purple there'n'all...

But, I'm sure I've seen at least one silver C with matching grille on here - any ideas who? Thought it looked quite good :?

Well ive done two jobs now this week on mine and the Better Halfs car both of them jobs i really didnt want to do but had to!

Cracked Exhasut manifold on her Fiat Coupe 20vt which ive been putting off for 18 months and the dreaded timing chains on the VR.

157000 miles on these chains, why they wrent done when the clutch was changed about 30 odd thousand agon ill never know but hey ho!

The guide rails top and bottom were in very good shape as was the lower tensioner with only a bit of wear on the lower edge but the top tensioner was shot to bits.....

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

Took delivery of Danny Allen's shell, and spend the last 7ish hours stripping it for parts, which includes rolling it onto the roof to undo the rear beam! pictures to follow in another thread.

Well ive done two jobs now this week on mine and the Better Halfs car both of them jobs i really didnt want to do but had to!

Cracked Exhasut manifold on her Fiat Coupe 20vt which ive been putting off for 18 months and the dreaded timing chains on the VR.

157000 miles on these chains, why they wrent done when the clutch was changed about 30 odd thousand agon ill never know but hey ho!

The guide rails top and bottom were in very good shape as was the lower tensioner with only a bit of wear on the lower edge but the top tensioner was shot to bits.....

Hi,

Have you ever done these before mate and how hard is it to do as mine desperately need doing?

Thanks, Darren